vBulletin 3.5.4

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Took a little while longer to upgrade than usual as they recommended I upload/replace all files, I was also forced/decided to rewrite all our custom templates, sort avatars/attachments/profile pictures, change to mysql full text searching. There do seem to be a few issues:

- Group doesn't appear until the user first logs on, sure I could speed this up tho! (think I speeded it up! :D)
- Some avatars missing. (bugger)
- Mark all posts read is missing (fixed)
- Gallery is currently broken (waiting for development)
- AJAX issues (it is a beta after all!)

If you don't see what is new and don't know what AJAX is, you need to play around more!

If you are having issues, clear your cache

Last edited:
Re: vBulletin 3.5 Beta

Yeah, was about to mention that... Was wondering at first why under my name "click to see avatar" was appearing but no pic... My avatar had disappeared, obviously some others have as well.

No biggie though, I had the file on my HD so was able to upload it...

Edit: Whoah, an introduction to a somewhat old problem (well with a twist). It did post, but then said

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between posts. Please try again in 14 seconds.

In the window was the same text for the post above. This didn't happen with another post I made previously today in the Mac CPU thread, so isn't occuring always, or everywhere...

It did however try to post this very post, 2 times on 1 click of the submit button...

Last edited:

The AJAX stuff rocks!
...and damn, Quick Reply is really quick now. :D

I am sure beta releases will step up pretty quick... I will just have to keep applying them :)

And yeah, I see the bug you mean gonaads :)

I guess this and the change in reputation appearance are related.

*goes to find out what AJAX is*

Edit: Hmm... I guess I don't get to play with AJAX. :(

Quick Reply is noticeably quicker! :D

muzikool said:
*goes to find out what AJAX is*

Edit: Hmm... I guess I don't get to play with AJAX. :(
You should be able to play with some parts of it. Try editing your own posts by double clicking for example. :)

We could get into sooooo much trouble with "AJAX" it's freaky. :laugh:

I see that X-Istence's Avatar has been killed off. Was that finger that annoying? I kinda liked it. :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah, I know... it be the change over... shiit happens.

Wibbly. I missed all the update fun, gather it all went smoothly and we have 82 back-ups of the database though?

Haven't been around, guess I'll have to look around and see what's new

gonaads said:
I see that X-Istence's Avatar has been killed off. Was that finger that annoying? I kinda liked it. :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah, I know... it be the change over... shiit happens.

Hehe, the finger is back.

If you do find your avatar is missing and don't have a copy, I will have one from the last backup and will readd it for you if required. If anything isn't working (and you are pretty sure that I can fix it) please let me know and I will do what I can.

NetRyder said:
You should be able to play with some parts of it. Try editing your own posts by double clicking for example. :)

I'm not having any luck with the feature. It doesn't seem that I can edit the post title from the thread view, and double-clicking inside of my posts doesn't result in anything.

Give it a bit of CTRL-F5 it was doing the same to me. Basically the files have the same names so could be cached. However, having said that - it isn't working for me at all here at work.

Best indication that it is working is that when you click the "post quick reply" button it will say "now posting message" or something like that :)

<---------- I also know the icons to the left are incorrect and some of the attachment icons are missing :) - Will fix those when I finish pretending to work.

X-Istence decided to randomly edit ElectronicPunk's post:
What icons are you talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

Electronic Punk said:
Give it a bit of CTRL-F5 it was doing the same to me. Basically the files have the same names so could be cached. However, having said that - it isn't working for me at all here at work.

Best indication that it is working is that when you click the "post quick reply" button it will say "now posting message" or something like that :)

It worked! Double-clicking in my post brought it up in edit mode. Very cool. :cool:

I guess I don't have the priviledge to edit my post title from the thread view?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back