vBulletin 3.0 B3?

We don't usually update the board to beta releases of vB, simply because we don't want to have to deal with any complications due to unfixed bugs.
But I suggest you wait for EP's response on the matter.

It's been decided not to move over to vB3 at the moment, for reasons NetRyder has already mentioned, we don't want the hassle of having to deal with bugs. If we had upgraded immediatly on the release of vB3 - we would have been having huge problems.

Also, upgrading on each release would mean we would have to port over the forum hacks we incorporate each time. At the moment EP is the only one who installs hacks - so that would be a little overwhelming.

Additionally, theres a problem with porting over the forum style. They haven't been ported to vB3 yet - and doing it ourselves wouldn't be worth it.

Once it gets released in one of the more later versions, such as RC stage, or even the final release we will most likely update to it. Hope that clears things up for you.

MdSalih

Yeah, we will eventually be going to vb3 but not until it has left release candidate stage.

I think beta6 will be the last beta before it enters the release candiate stage, once it enters the rc stage I will start taking a look at it.

I'll keep you posted on new betas and RC's, Well looking at a site with it, It seems like it'sstarting to seem like IVB 1.2

er sure you can.
tho I am always over there to get the latest bug fixes for 2.x anyway.

Hey there is new stuff in the more themes thread, Workin on a BlueCurve theme and it's free and no paying required. And I found a site with the Orbitz theme

theme for what ?

also orbitz is a public retail theme anyway, tho the frontpage uses my own interpretation of it.

Orbitz vB theme at TechZonez. You should see how their threads are orgnized like operating systems are sorted by OS and so much more

Well anyway nice avatar EP! Hey and where did the SEC-CHE sig image (That "was" too big) go?

it was not of my own design ;p
I was on holiday when it changed ;p

There is no need for us to go nuts reorganising the forums.
Initially we were an xp site, now we are ntfs which is 2k - longhorn (when we even bother to look at it) tho we are more than happy to field win95 questions etc. cos its so easy ;p

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
it was not of my own design ;p
I was on holiday when it changed ;p

Steve did it

*runs*

Gee snakey, perhaps you need to get your glasses out and read the thread again.
vB3 ain't gonna be installed on this here forum until it's at least final.

I don't see the point updating to 2.3.3 until it is out of the release candidate stage.

I will start privately beta testing vb3 once it hits the rc.

2.3.3 is not 3.0, 2.3.3 is a bugfix update to 2.3.2 (Which we are using now)

Vipersnake - is there a problem that we are using vB 2.3.2 and not 2.3.3 that the site members/visitors are getting? Any errors that you can see?

If so... please state it. You should have stated this initially.

Else... we are running whichever version of vB we see fit. EP/Waddy may be too busy to update it to the latest version at the moment, or may see there to be no need to.

So basically... quit the nagging.

MdSalih

Idea! I'll start a poll involving that page to see if anyone has experinced any bugs on the page showing the fixed bugs

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back