VBScript to set desktops to use a primary and secondary wins server?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

Does anyone know a script that I can use, that I can apply via GPO, and have it so that the computers it applies to automatically set the Primary and Secondary Wins servers? I don't know anything about VBScripting so I'm at a loss, just trying to make things a bit easier.

Thanks!

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
DHCP scope options would be a much better place for this.

edit: failing that, a netsh command from dos would be my next choice.. (netsh interface ip set wins <ipadd>)

if you really must use vbscript.. give me a minute to work/test something

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Actually this post can be deleted! :) Silly me forgot I posted this quite awhile back, and actually got a respone from KCNYChief with the appropriate script. I created a GPO for this and issued it via Computer Setup, and everything seems to be working. Can't use DHCP because this client is Statically Assigned IP addresses.

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
Why dont you post the solution so the masses can have access to it. just my 2 cents.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haniew