VB question

I am trying to sort this data in execl using vb. As you can see it is in one row. it was imported from a txt file. anyone know any code that can sort that out for me. Basicly want after the comma and then have that copied and put into another sheet.

Thanks

Attachments

jkipk

OSNN Addict
Excel can import comma separated values files. Save or copy the text file as FILENAME.csv and then open it in excel as a text file. It should open with a column for each comma. Shouldn't need any coding unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

Is this what you needed to do?

kip

wow that excatly what I needed. Never knew you could do that. Basicly I am putting it into a database for invertory. I thinkn I can handle it from here. thanks again!

One final question. I have it all seprated and imported into Access. Is there an easy way to sort those 10 feilds I requested on the report, because they keep on repeating. Just wondering if there is a way to idenifty that. I dont want to enter all of them in by hand. We have over 300 puters.

jkipk

OSNN Addict
Happy to help, but I'm not quite sure I understand how you are going about setting up your database. How familiar are you with Access? You should be setting up a table with the first column as the field name, and then the second column as records 1-300, right?

PS I'm not much of a database guru, just trying to learn myself. Glad to be of some small service, though.

kip

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda99