variables in logonui.exe

M

mwieder

In my logonui.exe, variables (%s, %d) are sometimes used in the String Table. Where do these variable get defined and how can I change them? I want to write
some code so they are defined in terms of emails on the server and not emails already in my inbox.
thanks so much!
-Matthew Wieder

Can Anyone Help?

Hi - I know this can be done since Netscape or any other email program changes something in order to get it to display the number of emails in their inbox. So, it must be we can control what number gets dsiplayed there somehow.
thanks!

where in logonui.exe are you referring to?

because i know for the actual coding part its located at the far bottom of the actual coding.

hmmmmm ahhhhhhh just opened up one of the loginui's i've created now i see what you mean. i think thats a windows varible in coding. you probably can find out more of those on MS TechNet or MSDN

That much I figured, but does anyone know how these variables are set and how I can change that?
thanks!

OK, through much searching, I have learned that the number of unread e-mail messages (i.e. the variable in the logon screen) is set by the SHSetUnreadMailCount in shellapi.h. Is there a way to edit this file or will Windows not run if I do so?
thanks!

i assume you know how to add exclusions to Window's integrity scanner? (the same thing u have to do when u edit explorer.exe)

try doing that and before u do any thing make a backup of the file, then start tweaking

Sorry, I don't know about exclusions. Could you explain why I need to use them and give a walthrough as to how I do so?
thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back