valid xp cd key?

D

dayneh88

hi,
i was just wondering if theres a way you can check your cd key that u used to install xp with, because i am trying to change my cd key with the guide on this site and i have a valid key, and it keeps on telling me that i havn't entered it correctly,
please help,
dayne

You have a valid key but your profile says "xp pro RIPPED".... nice one

no i have a valid key, because i recently just bought xp professional and it has a cd key on it that is valid, i just don't wanna reinstall windows xp again so i am trying this method

retail keys wont work with a corprate copy. reinstall, reformat, or not even bother look like your only options

Originally posted by dayneh88
no i have a valid key, because i recently just bought xp professional and it has a cd key on it that is valid, i just don't wanna reinstall windows xp again so i am trying this method
LOL:D :D :D :D

look, can anyone help me with this problem,
thankx\
dayne

how can i find out weather i am running a corporate copy of windows xp

Originally posted by dayneh88
Can we say, "oooooops!" "I'm sorry but you have used a number that has been found out or is no longer in service. If you feel you got this error in errrrummm... error, please dial your MicroSquish Operator. They will be happy to laugh at you and not assist you." :D

Originally posted by gonaads

Can we say, "oooooops!" "I'm sorry but you have used a number that has been found out or is no longer in service. If you feel you got this error in errrrummm... error, please dial your MicroSquish Operator. They will be happy to laugh at you and not assist you." :D

HAHA

Sorry to hear you're having the problem dayneh88. Kudos for buying your own copy of XP. The problem it that each flavor of XP has it's own flavor of CD key. XP Pro Corp needs a corresponding key type; XP Pro Retail needs a corresponding key type, etc. If you want to check to see if the key you have will work before using the guide on the front page start an installation by going to the i386 folder and running the winnt32.exe file... choose the 'upgrade' option. You can enter your key and see if it's valid before any file copying is done. If it's valid then you can close out setup and use the guide. Good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP CORPORATION EDITION VOLUME LICENSE KEYS
------------------------------------------------------------

Says it all don't it :D

Like Lonman said each 'flavour' :) of XP needs its own key.

thanks alot guys,
i really appreciate your help, i actually downloaded the program that explains how to do it really well, i my key did work, so everything is kewl,
thanks anyway,
your help is grately appreciated,
dayne

Search for a little app called xpkeytest.
That should fix you up.......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back