uxtheme patcher

R

renakuajo

hi, i just bought a presario2100, like to know if i can use the patcher on it? thanks

nobody? at least anyone knows where canfind info about if i can use the patch or not, thanks

The computer your using wont make any difference as its the version of Windows you use on it that will be patched.

If you are using Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home or Windows Server 2003 you will be able to patch the uxtheme.dll using apps off the internet.

UXTheme Patcher For ServicePack One

as long as you have SP1 installed our patch will work fine

here

tip ~ before your reboot wait for the unrecognized file warning to pop up

:cool:

I know I'm gonna get slapped around a bit for this, but I'm tired of seeing the same outdated patcher (which is still a 404 page) being passed on, especially with it's known problems. There have been two revisions since the original post.

Do a search, there are multiple threads in here regarding the uxtheme.dll patcher. Alternate links to the NTFS patcher are available within.

There are more recent versions available. If you experience problems with the original, this is an alternative.

NOTE: If you've already applied a patch, you must revert back to the original uxtheme.dll if you attempt a different patcher. Also, there is no guarantee that the newer version is problem-free.

thanks, for the answers. the reason i was askin was cause i remember reading somewhere that if the pc is an oem version or something like this the patch will not work......i have the patcher and have used in my others pc's and no problem so far.........i try the patcher from another site (neowin) but it didnt work so i use the one fronm here and works like qa charm.....well thkz i'm gonna use it in the laptop now bye

our patcher from here works on OEM copies (Henyman informed me of this :D )

Lighter, what problems? (Other than the 404)

hey, have try both patches none of them works, any ideas?

Originally posted by Lighter
I know I'm gonna get slapped around a bit for this, but I'm tired of seeing the same outdated patcher (which is still a 404 page)

oop's sorry about that
shoulda checked the link first before posting
my mistake

:eek:

here's the UXTheme Patcher

before this will work you'll have to delete the UXTheme.bak file
in
C:\WINDOWS\system32

ok i will try your suggestion and see what happens

i notice this: when i patch it , i wait for the file protection message but it never pops up, any ideas why?

double check that the file "UXTheme.bak " has been deleted
drag the UXTheme Patcher GUI to the side of the screen
the file protection message is hidden behind the patcher's GUI

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back