UX Theme Patcher

~bk

I
Political Access
I know there are many threads on this but some the links don't work. I downloaded it from a site but it's just not working.

Any other sites where I can download it? :eek:

That's the one I downloaded but it didn't work.

See how this one goes. I've still got one more to try if this one doesn't work.

Not sure if you need the dll but I put it in just un case.

I will check that out in a bit.

I use PatchXP.exe all the time... Works flawlessly.. :)

If your're running a later SP2 beta than 2082, you're out of luck with UXTheme patcher. If not, your computer may have a case of the gay. Maybe you could resort to StyleXP?

I'm using trial version StyleXP right now so I'll check those patches when the trial version is finished.

The easiest way i find to use this .dll file is to drag the original from windows folder to a blank folder on desktop, then drop this into windows folder and delete blank (containing old file) folder on desktop and just reboot when i have finished using PC for day.

None of the patches are working for me.
sad.gif

You could do it manually...that's how I've always done it, and it never fails. Just be careful and don't delete anything you're not supposed to.

-First search the entire drive for any instances of uxtheme.dll (search within subfolders, and include hidden files as well).
-Delete all instances of it, except the one in \WINDOWS\system32 (you can move them to a temporary location instead of deleting them, to be on the safe side).
-Rename the one in the system32 folder to uxtheme_old.dll and extract the one from the attached ZIP file into the same folder.
- Reboot and enjoy themes.
tongue.gif

EDIT: This uxtheme file is version 6.0.2800.1106 for XP SP1 with all Windows Update patches installed (aka latest, fully updated version of Windows).

Should I delete the one I renamed? (uxtheme_old.dll)

~bk said:
Should I delete the one I renamed? (uxtheme_old.dll)
No, you don't need to. No idea why it isn't working...seems like the file is getting replaced by the original one somehow.

NetRyder said:
No, you don't need to. No idea why it isn't working...seems like the file is getting replaced by the original one somehow.

When I rename the uxtheme.dll to uxtheme_old.dll, then suddenly the original file appeared.

~bk said:
When I rename the uxtheme.dll to uxtheme_old.dll, then suddenly the original file appeared.
Did you make sure the only remaining uxtheme.dll file on your entire drive was the one in \WINDOWS\system32 before renaming it?

Yes but there is one that returns everytime I remove. It's in the folder called "system32/dllcache."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back