uuh! this might be a strange question

M

mathew

i am getting a tv tuner card, BUT do you need to have DIGITAL tv to recieve the signal,. (currently i only have analogue cable which is feed from downstairs to my room.)

i dont want to try it unless i know it wil work,, and how powerful must your processor be to cope with it!???????

thanks for any help!

I've got the ATI All-In-Wonder 32mb DDR. I 'feed' it my regular cable (not digital). I can also hook up an input device through an s-video or composite (RCA) jacks. Just go to the website of the card you're getting and see what it takes to get your signal to your tuner.

i am getting a tv tuner card, BUT do you need to have DIGITAL tv to recieve the signal,. (currently i only have analogue cable which is feed from downstairs to my room.)

i dont want to try it unless i know it wil work,, and how powerful must your processor be to cope with it!???????

.....No either just plug an areial in or your analogue cable in it will be fine but you will need a fast pc to record tv programmes without dropping frames..but perfect for watching tv whilst surfing the net.

is the performance good

is the picture quality good, and the performance good,,

i only have 850mhz 640mb ram geforce 3 ti 500

With that video card and comp specs youll be fine...should have no problem

My ATI works really well... I'm happy with it. I've never tried hooking a tv up to it as a monitor, but then again, that's not why I bought it. As far as a video capture device, eh.

THANKS

thanks for all your help guyz.
its nice to find a forum that actually helps for once.....

CHEERS:D

Stay away from ATI All In Wonder cards, they are poorly made products. As for TV Tuner cards buy a Hauppauge WinTV series card. These are the best quality and most compatible TV Tuner cards on the market. Required system specs are on their web site http://www.hauppauge.com .

Recording quality?????

i can only record at this resolution without losing frames!!

352x288(vcd quality!)

why is this,,,,i have a origo tv card,, ITS EXCELLENT (better quality than THE ONE IN THE ABOVE POST)

why do i lose frames if i use higher resolutions, my specs are good. (I THINK)

p3 850mhz
640mb RAM
geforce 3 ti 500
20 gig hd

PLEASE help!!!!!

AND ALSO.

why are there lines when things are moving quickly on the screen
????????????(black lines appear when things are moving accross the screen sometimes, ))))

why are they there???

ATI poorly made...

Just give it up they are not porly made the only reason we dont all have ati cards is bacause of (in the past)poor driver support,if they are so POOLRY why do thety sell in the bucket load.....read some reviews about their all in 1 cards will you.

They might not be the fastest cards in the world but they offer superior dvd playback and good quality tv capture.......i presume your trying to help but please provide a more open opinion remember some users still use these cards.

BUT tell me!!!!!!

Recording quality?????

i can only record at the below resolution without losing frames!!

352x288(vcd quality!)

why is this,,,,i have a origo tv card,, ITS EXCELLENT (better quality than THE ONE IN THE ABOVE POST)

why do i lose frames if i use higher resolutions, my specs are good. (I THINK)

p3 850mhz
640mb RAM
geforce 3 ti 500
20 gig hd

PLEASE help!!!!!

WHAT ARE THEY???????

AND ALSO.

why are there lines when things are moving quickly on the screen
????????????(black lines appear when things are moving accross the screen sometimes, ))))

why are they there???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back