UTP cable color coding info

zandyrei

TinySoft
guys i dont have any tester if my UTP cable color coding is right... may i know what exactly follows what color for my RJ45...

i have here striped orang, orange, striped blue, blue,
striped green , green , striped brown and brown...

I'm assuming you are trying to build your own patch cable..

Also assuming you are trying to create a straight through cable and not a crossover cable

The order of the wires depends on which wiring standard (568-A or 568-B) you are using. Most cables that I've purchased here tend to be in the 568B standard which (starting from pin 1) is layed out:

Orange/White
Orange
Green/White
Blue
Blue/White
Green
Brown/White
Brown

You can wire for the A standard as well (there is no functional difference between the two) just make sure you stay consistent with one standard.

edit: google holds a wealth of info on making your own patch cables.. including here, here, and here.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back