utorrent

N

Not Bman

windows can't seem to remember this program is installed.

everytime i open it up it asks me if i want this to be the default program for torrents....whats going on?

How do you "open it up"?

If you open the program by clicking on it's icon then it's a program bug.

If you open torrents by double clicking them then most likely something else is highjacking the .torrent extension.

Open my computer, select tools, folder options, file types, and see what program is set as the default. It should be utorrent. If it is not select change and set it to utorrent.

Reboot and if it goes back to something else the other program is highjacking the file setting. Get rid of the offending program.

If it is set to utorrent then utorrent has a bug or there is a setting to tell it to stop bugging you that you need to select.

On the other hand you could have found a Vista bug. Welcome to unpaid beta testing.

Each time you start µTorrent, it's trying to add the .torrent association to the registry and failing because it doesn't have privileges to do so.

Right-click the µTorrent shortcut, and select the "Run as Administrator" option. When asked, set it to the default program for .torrents. Close µTorrent, and start it up again. You only need to do this once to register it as the default handler for .torrent files.

I have noticed I have to do that with alot of programs, is this the new thing and has to be done with each new program?

Open my computer, select tools, folder options, file types, and see what program is set as the default. It should be utorrent. If it is not select change and set it to utorrent.

Vista does not show file types in folder options. Click on Start > Default Programs > associate a file type or protocol with a program

Also check in utorrent options > preferences > general > Windows Integration

Last edited:
Vista does not show file types in folder options. Click on Start > Default Programs > associate a file type or protocol with a program

Also check in utorrent options > preferences > general > Windows Integration

Ooops :suprised: Vista thread. Am I embarrased...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back