Utorrent

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
Is any one experiencing any problems with Utorrent. I tried 1.3 and auto matically upgraded to 1.4. Now whatever torrent client i use max download for anything is 24kb/s, if i open two it is 24kb/s between them. Any ideas if Utorrent can configure something like this on is own?? or how to get around it.

I have 2meg connection with no problems before installing Utorrent.

What other torrent clients do you have ?? Are the running at the same time ?? is you max download set to 24K; go to tools/network to find out. If it is set to a 24k limit change it to 0, that will make it unlimited. Then set the max upload to 10. That should give you good speed.

Another thing, check tools/torrents and see what the max active download, and active torrents is. I have mine set with max torrents being 10, and max downloads are set to 2.

I don't use uTorrent so I could be wrong, but I believe in the latest version your download speed is dependent on your upload speed. ie. If your upload speed is set too low (whatever arbitrary number that is) then uTorrent will set a max download speed.

If you use emule this will be familiar.

EDIT: http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_does_Download_Limited_in_the_status_bar_mean.3F
Do you have your upload speed set to 4kbs?

Increasing your upload speed to 6kbs or over will remove this limit.

(Increasing your upload speed, in general, to around 75% of your total upload should result in increased download performance. This is always dependent on the number of seeds and peers in the swarm but you should notice higher download speeds with the majority of torrents.)

Last edited:
No upload speed is set at 18kb/s and once i have finished downloading it increases to full speed. What ever it is it is affecting the Bit Tornado as well.

Your ISP may have started throttling torrent packets. Have you tried enabling encryption?

How do i do that? I think it maybe something to do with my router as even if i download somethiing from the net it will start at about 50kb/s then come down to 21-24kb/s.

Are you uploading any torrents while downloading from the net?

At the bottom of uTorrent see if it says Network OK. It it doesn't then you have a firewall error. You'll need to forward a port from the router to your local machine and set that port in uTorrent.

i have check the firewall settings and everything seems to be ok, open ports and such but still only 21-22 kb/s download on shadows bittorrent as well. will maybe reset whole router tomorrow and see what happens. even on both laptops thru wireless connection the download limit is low 20's.

utorrent 1.4 has a speed thing: options > speed guide. Choose the option for your upstream speed and try again.

Wait, are you saying even your internet speed is restricted?

Grab a reasonable sized file (50mb or larger) preferably from somewhere local (if your ISP has it's own file server, use that) and see what average speed you get.

I have done adsl speed check and it is averaging around 512. Also the router is saying that i am connected at 2.2 meg.

I think you have the limit set that way. Did you check that yet ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back