µTorrent Updates

I agree with you wwwdjrcs. There is nothing wrong with that ..

The difference is the uTorrent updates are a few kilobytes. Every Nero update is a few hundred megs. :D

what Netryder said. i'd much rather download something that, even on 56k, someone could have finished downloading in a second or a few, rather than something that takes quite a few minutes, even on cable.

I understand that .. I was making a point that they are stating to update it to much ..

There's always a simple answer to people not liking to download frequent updates... don't. You are free to download on your own schedule be it weekly or monthly. But for the rest of us who want to download them, we'll happily keep on doing so. I prefer frequent updates rather than long delays between them.

rotjong

Remember that all of these recent µTorrent updates are all BETA and not the final build.

Until they get to a final I expect sometimes daily releases coming out. Just like Kaspersky has been releasing almost daily RC candidates of it's 2006 products.

µTorrent 1.4.2 Beta Build 428

--- 2006-02-21: Version 1.4.2-beta (build 428)
- Change: Smarter block hashing, tries to avoid re-reading from the file if possible.
- Change: Tracker connections obey max_halfopen/max_connections
- Change: Switching folder in the Add window tries to detect if you point at an already downloaded folder.
- Feature: Added log-to-file option in logger.
- Change: Added support for " in XML parser

Download

µTorrent 1.4.2 Beta Build 429 Beta

Latest Changes:
  • Feature: Reorder RSS favorites
  • Feature: If user is running from temporary internet files, prompt to install it
  • Feature: Added popup menu to easily change if the scheduler/dht is enabled
  • Change: Switch default theme
  • Change: Skip hidden/system files when creating torrent
  • Change: Right align some columns
  • Change: Remove spaces from urls in RSS feeds
  • Change: DHT binds UDP socket to net.bind_ip
  • Change: If a file is larger than what it's supposed to, force a refresh
  • Fix: Prevent windows from going above pixel 0
  • Fix: Ratio on generals tab wasn't computed exactly like the main list
Download

Last edited:
I found my first complaint. This is getting larger with every release lol ..

It's still pretty dame small, and who cares, I could never change from uTorrent

yeah.... least it's not like some of our games/OS's nowaday. going from less than 700MB, to just under 2GB.... or XP on a CD, to Vista's BETA'S nearly 3GB.

µTorrent 1.4.2 Beta Build 431 beta

--- 2006-02-28: Version 1.4.2-beta (build 431)
- Feature: Reorder RSS favorites
- Feature: If user is running from temporary internet files, prompt to install it.
- Feature: Added popup menu to easily change if the scheduler/dht is enabled.
- Change: Switch default theme
- Change: Skip hidden/system files when creating torrent.
- Change: Right align some columns.
- Change: Remove spaces from urls in RSS feeds
- Change: DHT binds UDP socket to net.bind_ip
- Change: If a file is larger than what it's supposed to, force a refresh.
- Fix: Prevent windows from going above pixel 0.
- Fix: Ratio on generals tab wasn't computed exactly like the main list.

Download

The size is still better. This is the best torrent client ..

Holy sh*t I can't believe how frequent this thing updates :eek:

American Zombie said:
Remember that all of these recent µTorrent updates are all BETA and not the final build.

Until they get to a final I expect sometimes daily releases coming out. Just like Kaspersky has been releasing almost daily RC candidates of it's 2006 products.

Yes, I got RC 6 of Kaspersky 6.0 yesterday... When I woke up latter in the day after a bit of a nap and all, build 293 was already on the ftp...

This is, all things said rather frequent for updates though. Good news would be if it updates over the old version. With Kasperky, I've had to uninstall old builds, which requires a reboot, and then install the new version (another reboot), to update. Then the update components want a third reboot...

µTorrent 1.4.2 Build 432 Beta (153.21 KB)

--- 2006-03-02: Version 1.4.2-beta (build 432)
- Feature: New easter egg
- Feature: RSS Help button
- Change: Revert this change: If a file is larger than what it's supposed to, force a refresh.

Download

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back