µTorrent downloading issues... Please Help

I used to LOVE uTorrent but then one day I started getting exactly the same error you are getting. No matter what I tried I couldn't fix it - I went back to Bitcomet and haven't had a single problem.

I'd love to move back to uTorrent if this problem is ever solved :)

i have no issues with it what so ever, some trackers and clients use ipfilter which can block you also a few trackers disallow the standard ports as they are often messed about with by ISPs

Where are you getting your internet?

GLASNOST software utility detects whether a cable system
is interfering with BitTorrent transfers:
http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6561294.html?desc=topstory

Detailed results and on-line "BitTorrent Test" are found here:
http://broadband.mpi-sws.mpg.de/transparency/results/
COX, as well as COMCAST were found to to be Throttling BitTorrent.

COMCAST explains new "throttling" approach vice killing connections:
http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=154812
http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=154572

Interesting, thanks.

As the error says it's a problem with your proxy settings (bigger problem if your not using a proxy). There is a thread about this on the uTorrent forum (2nd link on a google search). You might also try changing your DNS server(s) to OpenDNS. :)

After some time (a couple of days actually) I figured out why the nat errors were happening on my end. It was uTorrent. I did not have outgoing protocol encryption enabled. This is good , I am not going nuts anymore :) ..

another thing that COULD be the cause of the slow download rate... which i noticed once when i was just messing around. Not sure if you're doing this or not.... but it seems like if you limit your upload speed to something too low, it automatically drops the maximum download speed drastically.

i'm having weird issues too. i've forwaded ports fine they r open in the router but still utorrent says i'm not connectable.....funny thing it was working fine the last time i use utorrent (sunday) the only thing i did between sunday and yesterday was that i unplug the router because i was cleaning...and no my ISP is not bloking ports, yes I 've forwaded the ports, yes utorrent its allow on vista firewall........i've not change any configuration, the only thing i've has been the port looking to see if I get a green light...i'm so mad with this....this happens to me before and it fix alone but in couple of hours not in days or weeks....for me its something in utorrent

I have had uTorrent show its not connecting (ie. the yellow exclamation mark) but, performing the port test it connects fine. Eventually, 10 minutes later or so, show the icon will change to the green color.

Are you guys noticed download speeds suffering because of this, or just that the icon is not changing status states?

at least for me the problem is that i get decent download speeds on private trackers but I cant upload and thats a problem and in public trackers I get crappy speeds

Change your default uTorrent ports. A lot of trackers block people who use the 'standard' Bittorrent ports, because they are monitored and throttled by some ISP's. That coupled with using outgoing encryption and you -should- be on your way. One other thing you could check, if you are running xp is to get the system fix that increases the max simultanious connections. In SP2 they limited this number to 10 due to several malwares that were going around. This can impact BT performance.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/increase_internet_download_connections.htm

My download speeds never suffered. It would just keep giving the nat errors. I always use a high port. And I have my upload speed set to 25 an download speed set to 0 -> The speeds are really good...

Change your default uTorrent ports. A lot of trackers block people who use the 'standard' Bittorrent ports, because they are monitored and throttled by some ISP's. That coupled with using outgoing encryption and you -should- be on your way. One other thing you could check, if you are running xp is to get the system fix that increases the max simultanious connections. In SP2 they limited this number to 10 due to several malwares that were going around. This can impact BT performance.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/increase_internet_download_connections.htm

running vista and I'm not using any "standard" bittorrent ports; using encryption and my ISP do not block or throttled bitto

Hmm, odd.

Don't take this the wrong way but are you sure its not just the torrent you are downloading that is slow? A torrent with a lot of seeders does not automatically mean a fast torrent. You need to look at the Seeder to Leech ratio to determine which is the best torrent for speed.

Also, something else I just thought of. You said you unplugged your router, well have you checked to see if the ports that you forwarding are going to the right IP address on your network?

I say don't take the wrong way because I dont you to think I'm insulting your intelligence or anything, You might already know what I just told you :D

1) I would suggest NEVER use UPnP.
2) Always enable encryption (and then allow legacy connections if you'd like)
3) Patch your TCP/IP stack for both XP and Vista (google for it)
4) Check if your port is "open" via uTorrents checker (replace 9999 with the port you are using) as it doesn't matter what uTorrent shows if that checker can see your port as open (as yellow sometimes just means nobody is trying to connect to you) -
http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=9999
5) I would also disable PEX/DHT as they seem to cause issues as well

Thats my list off the top of my head .. though it is late and I have to get up in the AM :)

aprox

no takin it the wrong way. i know about the speeds of the torrent the thing is I cant no connect to upload and when that happens theres something wrong and yes I check router to be sure port is been foward it to the ip of my machine, btw i have a static IP

Xie

1. no upnp
2.encyption is enable
3.noo need to do that
4.[FONT=verdana,arial]Checking port 61960 on xx.xxx.xx.xxx...

Error! Port 61960 does not appear to be open.
5.disable
[/FONT]

4.Checking port 61960 on xx.xxx.xx.xxx...

Error! Port 61960 does not appear to be open.
Well if that test can't see your port then it's not being forwarded properly and has nothing to do with BitTorrent (or uTorrent). I would double and triple check your router settings, maybe trying a different port even.

Also you can run this test to see what your ISP is actually doing with BitTorrent traffic (throttling, dropping packets, blocking ports, ect.). They use a similation of a torrent to test. :)

enable upnp and see what it does. If it works, then check your port forwarding, you could be using the wrong port ... The way I have mine up is to throw port triggering. so the port is only open when in use ...

found the problem, router/modem, change it for another one I have pum I
m connectable again, thkz guys for all ur suggestions!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back