News µTorrent 2.0

µTorrent 2.0 Build 17920

µTorrent is the world's most popular BitTorrent client.
Version 2.0 of µTorrent is now available with numerous fixes and a new speed test that will automatically set your rates plus you can set bandwidth caps.

To see the changes and learn more about uTP see below.

:view: View: 2.0 branch release notes and uTP explanation
:software: Download: µTorrent 2.0
:source: Source: µTorrent.com

Last edited:
That is quite possible. I am just going by what it did with from it not being enabled and then it being enabled. To tell if it is enable, take a look at the peers tab while downloading or uploading something. If you see UTP in the ip section, then it is enabled.

That is quite possible. I am just going by what it did with from it not being enabled and then it being enabled. To tell if it is enable, take a look at the peers tab while downloading or uploading something. If you see UTP in the ip section, then it is enabled.

I did not know this so I will check it out.

Thanks

just checkin back guys.. i gave utp a million chances, but its always slower! i dont know wth is going on, but for now i'm sticking to good ol' tcp

The reason for it's banning (well part of it really) ... other then it throttling users, is that it favors uTP over TCP and will try and fill every slot with them first. That means that it's only looking for uTorrent 2.0 clients first, and possible only for them.

UTP and utorrents uTP are two totally different things - please ensure you're talking about the right thing :)

UTP is the "fire and forget" protocol where as TCP is concerned about there actually being a stable connection.

It was a very poor decision imo to name a traffic throttleing technology after the UTP protocol.

I had it correct. :devious:

uTP is a transport protocol layered on top of UDP.

The current version of uTorrent 2.0 favors, and in some cases ignores, non-2.0 clients. This means that for all the people in a swarm that aren't running 2.0 they might not be able to download/upload like they could in the pre-2.0 days.

I had it correct. :devious:

The current version of uTorrent 2.0 favors, and in some cases ignores, non-2.0 clients. This means that for all the people in a swarm that aren't running 2.0 they might not be able to download/upload like they could in the pre-2.0 days.

I don't think this is true.

I have seen peers uploading/downloading from me with good speeds while using clients other than µTorrent or a pre 2.0 version of µTorrent.

I tested a few torrents using 1.8 and 2.0 versions of µTorrent with no difference in speeds at all as the torrent completed in the same amount of time.

I don't think this is true.

I have seen peers uploading/downloading from me with good speeds while using clients other than µTorrent or a pre 2.0 version of µTorrent.

I tested a few torrents using 1.8 and 2.0 versions of µTorrent with no difference in speeds at all as the torrent completed in the same amount of time.

It is true (not 100% of the time) but that is why it's banned at several private trackers right now and why it's been kinda fixed in 2.0.1 build. ;) If you have a smaller swarm though you'll probably connect to less non-uTorrent folks with 2.0 then you would before. It also really depends on how people configure the bt.transp_disposition settings.

I have noticed through out the years that I been using utorrent, that it is a little slower than some of the other ones. I am not sure why this is, but is something I got used to .. I would like to try and figure it out though.

Something else, When you have it sitting there in idle mode and nothing downloading or uploading. You look at the traffic info; you will see that it is still uploading and downloading. Any idea why it does that? I know it's not the auto update feature, as I turned it off and it still did the same thing. I found that to be something that causes a lag on my connection, which in turn will force me to close it out to get the speed back up.

I have noticed through out the years that I been using utorrent, that it is a little slower than some of the other ones. I am not sure why this is, but is something I got used to .. I would like to try and figure it out though.

Something else, When you have it sitting there in idle mode and nothing downloading or uploading. You look at the traffic info; you will see that it is still uploading and downloading. Any idea why it does that? I know it's not the auto update feature, as I turned it off and it still did the same thing. I found that to be something that causes a lag on my connection, which in turn will force me to close it out to get the speed back up.

I think the most "aggressive" client right now is Deluge (fastest). As far as that tiny bit of traffic, it's just uT checking with the tracker and checking with peers most likely. It's nothing to worry about and the amount of traffic is very small.

I think the most "aggressive" client right now is Deluge (fastest). As far as that tiny bit of traffic, it's just uT checking with the tracker and checking with peers most likely. It's nothing to worry about and the amount of traffic is very small.

That could be what it is. It is hard to say. I usually don't turn it on unless I am using it now ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back