ut2k3 vs. doom 3

Originally posted by Tristan
UT2003 sucks compared to the original UT. I think Doom3 will have better things in certain ways. But the big advantage UT2003 has over Doom3 is Multiplayer.

and vice versa... doom III will have a HUGE advantage in SP :)

and doom III engine variants will dominate the market like the quake engines have done previously and are doing now...

Doom3 will also include MP so I guess it's not that bad. I need some new games for my list anyways. ;)

And I see that you live in Florida to. :cool:

Originally posted by Tristan
Doom3 will also include MP so I guess it's not that bad. I need some new games for my list anyways. ;)

And I see that you live in Florida to. :cool:

yup... I spose we're two floridian night owls eh :D

doom MP is likely to be a lot less impressive in terms of game play than ut2k3... mainly due to the heavy use of textures bringing peoples machines to a crawl with more than a few players..

scenarios == indoor scenes more likely than outdoor... thereby likely reptetiveness :(

current doom III mp action == 4 players... thats not fun by any stretch of the imagination... (numbers from quakecon 2003...)

Like Unreal 2 it's meant to be a Single Player only game. But they some how got MP in there. As you've heard Unreal 2 is suppose to be getting MP.

No offense to anyone, but why don't you guys put aside this petty debate, open your door and go take a walk outside. I think some of you might enjoy the "physics engine" of real life, plus it has really nice lighting.

wow, i started this thread months ago and its still goin...
it has more then 300 reads... pretty good.... now that i'm back, maybe i can get more people into deep discussions.... about why unreal tournament 2k3 is the best... until 2004 comes...

Originally posted by wyrlwyn
wow, i started this thread months ago and its still goin...
it has more then 300 reads... pretty good.... now that i'm back, maybe i can get more people into deep discussions.... about why unreal tournament 2k3 is the best... until 2004 comes...

Mr. Gamedeveloper. I'd love to see a sample of your work, you seem to be such a ****er, coming here rambling about "clipping is easy to solve"... some call it collision detection. Do you know why it's hard to work with? I'd think you don't, but please, prove me wrong.

is someone puttin a gun against your heads everybody, i would think responding to a thread you don't give a **** about would be an option, not a requirement.... if you don't give a **** about it, don't type a response...

I'd say its better to compare Doom 3 and Halflife 2, UT2003 is not even in the same "arena" with Doom3 or HL2. Both D3 and HL2 are using some pretty similar technologies, nor has either of them been officially released yet, making them even better candidates for comparison.

Originally posted by Sazar + Krux
Alien versus Predator was not scary
Personally I found AVP2 creepy as hell, sneaking around every corner and shooting at leaky pipes. The sound was the most important part of that game, you can really appriciate it with very little sleep, late at night, and with a great sound system.

how do we end posts again, all this *****in is goin to my head...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back