UT2K3 slow lan map

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
when in a lan with UT2K3 and someone does not ahve the map it is really really slow, does anyone know how to speed that up

When you join game and you don't have the current map it starts to download from the server.

This obviously uses up bandwidth.

Sounds like you're at a LAN party. In this case a simple solution is to agree maps to be used first and have them ready in advance. Or just have a few CD's with all your maps on ready so folk can install 'em if they need to.

Alternatively if you are doing this online I believe you can disable the map DL feature so your server does not get bogged down with DL's

Try also sticking to maps that are common.

Mubbers

yes, that's correct
and i already answered this question the last time u posted this question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

"i think it's supposed to be like that
even unreal tournament 1 was like that.... and i'm assuming all game servers are like that naturally, cause u don't want a joiner taking up all the bandwidth downloading the map when there are many other playing the game at the same time who'll be affected if all the bandwidth is taken up

so u might as well transfer all the maps from 1 comp to the next b4 u start the multiplayer lan connection in the game."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back