Ut2004

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
ok this probably only happens in UT2004 and haven't noticed it in Doom 3, Far Cry or Condition Zero

when I play UT2004 single player I get a lag where my player keeps going the way I was holding kind of freezes my computer beeps and then it pops back to normal...I have the game updated to today's release and have all the newest drivers and software updating?

Don't know how to fix this?

Bumping this thread - feel pretty sure you should not be getting that when I look at your system specs! I don't get anything like that and mine is AMD XP3000+ and ATI 9700 pro... but I am sometimes getting VPU freeze and system freeze on mine at higher res and was wondering if anyone could recommend whether I am on Direct3D or OpenGL and presumably I need to push the slider to performance? I've opted for the latest (4.8) catalyst drivers, they seem to serve me better than others I have tried.

Last, but not least, can anyone say yet if UT2004 is AOK with sp2? It just may affect when I decide to put sp2 onto my pro rig, since that's the only place I can play it!

Tuffgong: I was having the same problems, not only in UT2004, but also COD and even Counter-strike.

I upgraded the bios of my video card, not had any problems since.
Have a browse on nvnews.net or even overclockers.co.uk, their forums will most likely discuss bios updates somwhere

will take a look and see what's up...(Edit) well I have to create a bootdisk and I don't have a floppy drive so I'm stuck at flashing my bios for now...read somewhere on the forums that you(EP) don't use a floppy to flash things so if you can help please do

Curious, check your NVIDIA CP and tell me what bios version you currently have?

I am supposed to get my hands on some new nvidia drivers today, but I won't be dishing them out :p

5.40.02.15.01...from what I Have read around this one is pretty old...I think I might try the link you sent me and flash the card I really want to get rid of the stuttering in ut2004

yeah, I reckon they have the same bios revisions as the ultra, but of course different default clocks. Having said that, don't flash it with an ultra bios without reading up :)

oh I won't flash it with an ultra...just looking for a newer version for the GT

sensible man Tuff! (or maybe just experienced... or XPerienced (damn, I did like that name, gave me a purple haze moment!) lisp bracket)....

Anyways.... just wanted to drop into this thread (given the title) that I dropped my disappointing and obviously now somewhat ancient Radeon 9700 pro down to 4X AGP and have managed to go up the ladder to my pitiful attempt at decent bimbing runs and beyond - maybe one day I will get to wherever the thing ends (I am one of those Godawful half gamers that never quite made half life more than half - if you know what I mean!.... Think I just do it to check my system works sometimes.... better sign off - just enjoying the thrill that I have even left a UT game suspended to make this post, never had this kind of stabilitye before - so please let me know, why shoulkd AGP 4X do this and what has it cost me?)

for bimbing read bombing - didn't want to edit because it amused me ( appologies for spamming)

ASUS users with ATI take note!

well the news improves, at least I think it does....

I read around quite a bit trying to understand 4X versus 8X AGP and in the course of that found there COULD be issues with ASUS BIOS levels and AGP support.

So I went off and flashed my ASUS A7V8X-X BIOS to the version from about a month ago (A7V8xx12.awd flash file from ASUS site)- lo and behold I have just reset to 8X AGP and completed an Assault level on the UT2004 ladder (OK, I lost again, but the system stayed up!). Now it is slightly early days, maybe I got lucky - but I have a hunch this has worked out. So I wanted to post here so that hopefully others can benefit from the knowledge - I would not have guessed to flash my mobo to fix issues with my AGP card - maybe that shows my ignorance, but hey this board is about helping with stuff like that - no? :rolleyes:

Only trouble now is I am kinda itching to build a new machine - better get on with earning more spondooliks and working out how to hide it and make it quiet enough (weird how these issues become important - but they sure do)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back