UT2004 on Linux

Aussie983

ßµ®?i? ?ili???
i was wondering today where the heck u would go to buy UT2004 for linux....then i looked on the box and realized the game came with the linux installer :cool:

it runs really fast compared to my other linux games like tux racer or chromium (the only other 2 open gl games i have) but still not as good as in windows, as it doesn't support real shadows, just blobs. Also the framrate is a little worse. The new ATI linux drivers finally let me run 3d apps at acceptable speeds.

Anyone else play around with this? what other differences have you found between the two versions

I havent tried the ATi Drivers in BSD yet, but I might give them a try soon

A buddy of mine plays UT2k4 demo on his gentoo box alot ... will ask him or even better get him to post. :)

Aussie983 said:
i was wondering today where the heck u would go to buy UT2004 for linux....then i looked on the box and realized the game came with the linux installer :cool:

As did 2003 ;)

Not sure about this, but you have to buy UT2k4 and I think the Linux binaries are downloadable. You will still have to use your CD-KEY though. I'm not too sure about this, but that is how it works on NWN.

vern said:
Not sure about this, but you have to buy UT2k4 and I think the Linux binaries are downloadable. You will still have to use your CD-KEY though. I'm not too sure about this, but that is how it works on NWN.

Aussie983 said:
then i looked on the box and realized the game came with the linux installer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back