Ut2003

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political Access
I play the game on my pentium 4, 1.5ghz with 256rdram and a g-force 2 ,32mb and it is really SLOW, even after I set the resolution to 600/480 and turned all the eye-candy of it runs slow.
if your thinking about buying it in October make shure you have the best display adapder (g-force 3 64mb minimum)!!!

The old Unreal is better!!!:(

the game will run ok on Geforce2 MX 400/64MB
your 3d sucks!

system requirements:
Operating System: WIN 98/ME/2000/XP
CPU: Pentium III or AMD Athlon 733MHz processor (*Pentium® or AMD 1.0 GHz or greater RECOMMENDED)
Memory: 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM or greater RECOMMENDED)
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
CD ROM or CD/DVD ROM: 8X
Audio System: Windows® compatible sound card (*Sound Blaster® Audigy(tm) series sound card RECOMMENDED) (NVIDIA® nForce™ or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby® Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio. Also RECOMMENDED)
Video System: 3D Accelerator card with 16 MB VRAM (*32-128 MB VRAM RECOMMENDED) 16 MB TNT2-class DirectX® version 6 compliant video card. (*NVIDIA GeForce 2/ATI Radeon RECOMMENDED) DirectX® version 8.1 (Included on game disc)
Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. *Internet play requires a 33.6 Kbps or faster modem

Athlon 1GHz
384mb PC133
32mb GeForce 2 mx (AGP)
2 Distinctly slow 5400rpm HD's

UT2003 Runs fine here, 1024x768 @ 16-bit
and I can run the original UT in 1600x1200 on this box with no problems...

man I am still downloading it....anyway I read somewhere how to change bios settings and speed up your card, you may want to find more info but now my pc rocks, do this:

1. from your bios, disablevga palette snoop, video dac snoop and video bios shadowing.

2. agp master 1 ws write and read: enable. change agp mode to 4x or even 8x if supported. And the best increase will come when you ENABLE AGP fast write control IF YOUR VIDEO CARD SUPPORTS IT.

My friend you will be in debt with me forever for this , I tested the tweaks with Jedi knight Outcast and it is FAST!!.

Good luck and yes buy a Geforce 4.

Sorry, I forgot this :)

1. Set the Video memory cache mode to UCWC
2. set AGP aperture size to 1/4 of your total system RAM. I set my 512 ram system to 128 mb.

they recommend that you actually make each tweak at a time to prevent problems but I did them all together and found nothing but a great increase in performance

:)

lol yes... that is true for all video cards... I think that has been posted in many previos posts but new users will find those bios settings useful..

I am running it max eye candy @ 1280x1024 no probs and normally run @ 1024X768 to get smoothest game play... none of the maps have given me any glitches so far..

I am going to wait and see if/when I get the 2700+ if that will make a difference at all to my game play experience...

also... in a couple of months... my 8500 is going to be up for sale... :)

if anyone is interested let me know at the time...

cool i play ut2003 at 1600x1200 with all eye candy on without one single glitch!!!

first impressions: not that excited about it, for some reason, the demo was better (screwed up or what??-lol):rolleyes:

I couldnt set my resolution above 800x600 in the video menu, it kept crashing to my desktop, i could only fix it, by changing windows' resolution to what I wanted, set it in the game, then put windows back to it's original setting.:(

At the moment, it seems to be a Quake3 clone without all the nasty brown/orange textures. I'll keep playing it, and I hope I'll like it, I've been waiting for ages for this game, and I want to like it.

Running it at 1024x768 all max settings... maybe alittle sluggish in some areas but completely playable.

Running at the same as [e]-Punk. Looks good now. Will look better next week with new vid card. :D

I'm running it on a GF4 4600 w/ everything on at 1600x1200 - no problem. Processor's 1.8 GHz and I've 512Mb ram.

Gamewise it's excellent so much fun and after the everso slightly boring MOHAA it's a breath of fresh air. I just like divign right back into the action again and again!

:D

Mubbers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back