UT2003 crashes to desktop

O

OTE

After finishing a level the game crashes to desktop, but its still in the taskbar, by clicking on it the game comes back to life. Its not a major problem but it does get annoying.

ATi 8500 retail not o/ced
ATi Catalyst 3.0 and 4012(i think) control pannel
UT2003 full game with 2166 patch
DX8.1

Whilst upgrading from 2.5 to 3.0 i completely removed the old drivers inc. from registry.

Cheers

You might want to install the older drivers that came with the Unreal Tournament 2003 CD3. That game is very particular about what drivers are installed.

Originally posted by Burpster
didnt MS release a patch for this problem??

yeah it's the OS not the game.
you need to see what is running in the background too.

ok, thanks for the replys. where can i get this patch? do i just go to the microsoft website and search for UT2003 patch or what? thanks again.

its just a general patch for games crashing to desktop i believe

in deed it was but what sort of search would you recommend doing on thier website for the patch, ive gone through windows up date and am completely up to date.

That patch that was mentioned was for Windows XP? What Windows are you running?

im running XP. Strange thing is i payed it for a bit and now i doesnt crash at all. Very strange, i hadnt restarted or anything since last posting. Very Strange indeed but theat Wincrap "insert version here" for you.:D :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back