UT, Q3A and now SOF2 demo

J

Jiggy

anyone else finding that these games crash when run under WinXP home. Mine do, they just freeze up the machine, with this static moise coming through the speakers. I have all the latest drivers and patches for the games, well except for SOF2 demo and it's not as if I'm running the software on a "slow" machine either.

Specs:
Athalon XP 1600
Windows XP Home
512 MB SDRAM
40GB 7200 RPM HDD
Inno3D GeForce 3 Ti500 64MB GFX running on 28.32 Det Drivers
Sound Blaster Live! Player 5.1
10/100 Ethernet Adapter

I have this machine networked with another could that have any influence on the problem

Thanks in advance

You might try a couple of things in the Bios. #1 Turn of AGP fast writes and #2 try setting your AGP speed to 2X (this is assuming your BIOS has bothof these options). I had a lot of trouble with this in XP with Nvidia cards. when using a VIA CHipset.

I agree. If it doesn't help you might want to check out your temperatures since that computer generates a lot of heat.

I agree the temp of your PC is somthing to check. The OS should be fine you could try changing the compatabiltiy of the games to windows 2000 or 98! Useing the right click properties option and choosing compatabilty

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR BIOS AGP SETTINGS AS IT WILL SERIOUSLY HINDER YOUR FPS OUTPUT. A 4XAGP CARD LIKE THE GF3 NEEDS THE BIOS TO BE SET TOO 4X IF IT IS NOT SET TO 4X YOU ARE RESTRICTING THE AMOUT OF DATA IT CAN SEND/RECIEVE. FAST WRITE SHOULD BE ON BUT THIS IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS KEEPING THE 4X BIOS CONTROL ON.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back