UT movie & ASF recorder

o0RaidR0o

OSNN Addict
Hey Waddy did actually try and record the UT demo movie you posted on the front page?

I tried using the the recorder by typing in the url, which by the way starts with an 'mm://' and the traditional 'http://', anyhow I recieved a '404-object not found' error. Not having used the ASF recorder before I'm assuming that the 'mm://' is not recogonized by the recorder or perhaps in this case the stream is protected, therefore not recordible.

Please confirm if I'm doing something wrong or if you simply fauxpared :D

Rock On!!!:cool:

o0RaidR0o

Hrmm...I've used ASFRecorder a fair amount before and I'm coming up with the same 404 error, which I find a bit odd because if you paste that address into IE, media player opens right up and the stream starts. I'm sure there's a way to record that stream, but it beats me if I know how...

Just needed the confirmation that it wasn't anything that I was doing wrong.

Lately as with the Spiderman, and Star Wars trailers, I've found that I have been able to save these streams without any third party software.

So when you posted the article about UT 2k3 I assumed that the ASFrecorder was a must because you needed to use it.

Oh well maybe someone will read this thread and fugure it out!

o0RaidR0o

Hi Guys,

Geez I have no idea why that one wont record, i get the same 404 also

They may have some new kind of protection on it

Im not sure

Waddy

It works with everything but that one about UT

must be a protection of some kind :(

damn

o_87 is one of many reasons why I am a XP member

All hail o_87, it's the bottom of the 9th, bases are loaded with two outs o_87 steps up to the plate and on the 1st swing sends one soaring out of the ballpark :)

Excellent work o_87, I said it that someone will read the thread and have a solution. Many thanks!!!

o0RaidR0o

Thanks for the complements o0RaidR0o..

I'm happy i could help out..:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back