UT 2004 listen server problems!

Sexo um Pato

qvack qvack qvack
I'm running a home network with an ADSL (512/128) connection.

The Internet goes into a winXP machine and is shared by ICS into a hub through the home network.

i don't have any router or firewall's set up (not even the XP one)

i can set up a listen server with UT 2004, however none of my friends can connect to me.

i believe the problem is that my machine on the network has an ip of 192.168.0.2, however my internet machine has an ip of 203.161.02.95. So when my friends try to connect to the 203.161.02.95, they can't connect to my actual computer on the network.

have i made this clear?

how can i set up my computer so that i can run a listen server and allow my friends to connect to me?

thanks,

Jeremy

pretty sure if you have to forward port to the main box, because it is getting the sends but doesn't know where to send it. I am not sure how to do this though, never really messed with ics

View the internet sharing settings and assign the particular port (the one it uses eludes me) to that particular IP.

The OSNN UT2004 server was up for few minutes before I decided my ping sucked on it :p

I could start and OSNN server here in Korea...lol you'd all be pinging 500 or worse.

Electronic Punk said:
View the internet sharing settings and assign the particular port (the one it uses eludes me) to that particular IP.

i believe the port is 7777, could i ask you to give me a step by step on how to do this please?

the ICS machine is running XP

Electronic Punk said:
port 7777 is the port it uses

thanks, but im not sure how to set up and assign the port. can someone please step me through it?

comeon guys and gals, this is crazy - can some one please help me with a short step by step on how to View the internet sharing settings and assign the port 7777 to my computers IP on my network so that i can host a UT 2004 server

?????????????//
:eek:

ha in the amount of time you have been wondering, you could have went to microsoft.com and found the how to..

whats the point of an online computer geeks forum (of which i am one) that doesnt help each other out?

Remember, do not type in the quotes...

On the machine running the ICS server (the first computer inline, after the modem)

1. Right Click your "My Network Places" icon and go to properties

2. Right click the connection that pertains to your internet connection and go to properties
3. Click the "advanced" tab on the top there

4. I assume you have the firewall enabled, look on the bottom right, click the "settings" button
5. Look on the bottom right of the window that opens, click the "add" button
another window opens

a: Under Description type in something like : "UT2K4 Server"
b: Under the "Name or ip address..." type: "192.168.0.2"
c: Under the "External Port Number..." type: "7777"
d: Under the "Internal Port Number..." type: "7777"

6. Click "OK" : Window closes

7. Click "OK" : Next window closes

8. Click "OK" : Last window closes

you can now close any other windows that my be open.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back