UT 2003 Resolutions

omgsoup

OSNN Senior Addict
with my setup, and a broadband connection, what would be optimal detail settings for UT 2k3 to run very smoothly, i have them all at highest, and sometimes it would be fine, and others, it was just too jerky, or is there maybe just one setting i should tone down? any help would be great.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
800x600 or 102x768

102X768? woah.... really small....... :D
just kidding.....
hopefully just a typo...;)

Anyways, i got mine running around 1280X1024.... good enough for me, and i don't get lag.

Why don't you go online and see for yourself... you never know which one might be the best, until you see for yourself.... :)

Well I run at a 1024x768 but you are using SDRAM and have a slightly older processor ;)

how can i tell if my motherboard will run with DDR ram?

i have an "ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4B-LX REV 1.xx" acording to pcpitstop.com

if you set up everything high your FPS goes down..with my G-force 2 MX400 I get 20 FPS.

Limiting factor is the G3 - I'd say 1024x768x32 most settings at normal will give you FPS 30 +

These are my Specs:

Athlon XP 1900+
512 Mb DDR Ram
ABIT KR7A-RAID
SoundBlaster Audigy
ADSL

I get a very good framerate (about 40-50) with a 1024*768*32 with normal detail settings. No lag either...just waiting for the GeForce 5 next month!

How can you find out what FPS you're running at any given time?

Mubbers

Originally posted by Mubbers
How can you find out what FPS you're running at any given time?

Mubbers

use the console comands..plress " ` " the tilde...then type STAT FPS

Hit the ~ and type "stat fps" without the quotes...

DOH! Sorry Octopus... you beat me to it. :D

Originally posted by Adian
Hit the ~ and type "stat fps" without the quotes...

DOH! Sorry Octopus... you beat me to it. :D

yep :D
ouh and welcome to the xp-erience :)

Originally posted by EventHorizon
These are my Specs:

Athlon XP 1900+
512 Mb DDR Ram
ABIT KR7A-RAID
SoundBlaster Audigy
ADSL

I get a very good framerate (about 40-50) with a 1024*768*32 with normal detail settings. No lag either...just waiting for the GeForce 5 next month!

you will have to wait a long time... much longer than next month unless you are a reviewer and nvidia actually fabs the board on time...

right now it is on paper only... :)

anyhoo... I play with everything maxed and the nvidia splash hacked to show ATI the way its meant to be played :) @ 1600x1200...

:)

the reason for slow downs in the game are simple... epic fux0red up... they wanted to make mucho mucho big bucks so they release a demo... with HUGE bug problems and massive memory leak issues...

so what happens for the retail release?

um.. nothing... memory leak issues still abound... its RETARDED that a game THIS big with so much time spent making it and so much publicity and word of mouth could be released with such massive problems...

I expected a proper patch out by now to optimize the code... but am still waiting :)

so you see... your rigs are not really bad.. or are the problem... the problem lies with EPIC and their game

i haven't had any memory leak issues with it...my RAM utilization when i turn on my PC is about 300MB used of 1.5GB. i dunno what my RAM utilization is while i'm playing, but i've not had an issue with gameplay; the only time it slows down is when the node on my cable modem provider (NYC RR) bottlenecks. when i quit UT2K3 (which i hate to do ;) my RAM utilization is around 350MB used of 1.5GB. i went from an ASUS P4B266 & 1.0GB DDR PC2100 RAM to a VIA P4PB 400 & 1.5GB PC2700 RAM...that extra 512MB made my framerates go up a lil bit, but not too much. but like Misfire said, more RAM is better, be it for gaming or your OS.

agreed... more ram is better... I have yet to play it since I added 512 ram to get to 1gig.. and I added a heck of a lot of cooling inside my case and on my vid card too...

am going to check out the game again...

now while I was at highly playable framerates throughout ut2k3 single player... there are a couple of maps which have issues... there is a noticeable lag before the start of the map and the start of gameplay... the audio is on but the game lags... this ONLY happens when the game has been on for at least half an hour or more... none of the other maps seem to have problems...

I will play through it again and see if there is a performance increase after I formatted and installed new drivers for everything... the system benches higher... I might even aim for 14k 3dmarks sometime this year as well :)

heh...

ram utilization when playing continues to scale higher and higher btw... through the period the game is being played...

with optimizations I am sure that people who have slightly slower cards would be able to play with highly acceptable framerates at good resolutions... :)

Sazar, you say that RAM use keeps going higher. A common side effect of a memory leak. But my system sits at around 300 Mb used (give or take a few Mb), I can play UT2K3 for 4-6 hours...and my ram usage...300 Mb give or take.

The only thing that does bug me about it is that it screws up my Animated mouse cursors...they stop animating!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back