UT 2003 Resolutions

512Mb PC133, 1.8GHz P4 and a Novatech GF4Ti 4600 128mb. Latest nVidia drivers.

I've had no problems running the game at 1600x1200 (haven't checked FPS yet but seems smooth enough).

Even when I forget to shut off the full Norton package I can flip out of UT2003 with the 'windows' key, close down via task manager or from desktop and jump right back in again. Although shutting down Norton doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect.

I've played the game for a couple of hours at a go and also left it running for many hours (out of shear laziness) and not seen any problems with performance afterwards.

Haven't checked out memory useage by activating task manager during the game - have you? I'd be interested to know what UT2003 shows on the memory usage tab whilst the game is running...

Mubbers

I can't check right now as I'm on the BIG RIG!!

Well, my old AMD '800 and a GF2 MX 400 with 256MB RAM has no problems with running the game itself at a constant speed and I don't seem to notice any RAM probelms either in 800x600 mode (1024x768 mode seems to be OK as well)

Originally posted by EventHorizon
Sazar, you say that RAM use keeps going higher. A common side effect of a memory leak. But my system sits at around 300 Mb used (give or take a few Mb), I can play UT2K3 for 4-6 hours...and my ram usage...300 Mb give or take.

The only thing that does bug me about it is that it screws up my Animated mouse cursors...they stop animating!!!!

don't mind me :)

I just like my games to be uber smooth all the time... and I tweak out my rig to achieve just that..

in my post I don't make mention of gameplay issues because it is liquid smooth... but the little jitters starting up a couple of maps :) oooh not acceptable...

also if you max out all settings and run it @ 1600x1200... you are using up far more resources than when you are running the game at lesser res.. so that might be why it appears to run smoother... but I will run a few more tests as I go along... so far with more memory it seems to have no stutters @ map startup ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back