UT 2003 issue

S

SaintKaden

uhmm .... does anyone here play this game cuz I installed it and it wont let me play, all I do is spectate the map endlessly.

any ideas why this happens.

pleez...thanks! ;)

Are you guys on about the demo or the game? cos i didnt even know the demo or the full game was out yet?

if its the demo whered u get it from?

Thanx

Ste

well I got the demo, but I can't remember where I downloaded it from...

uhmm I got it to work but now I notice the karma ingine doesnt work! Damn.

There's a build (927) of the full version leaked out and about, but it shows why they delayed the retail release of it.

Try hitting up IRC, should find it there.

Try turn off any joystick settings, i think my shoot was bound to joystick on 1st play.

SaintKaden - Karma engine wasn't in the leaked demo but was in leaked full... I noticed bugger all really.

For all those who are confussed NO THE GAME ISN'T OUT YET NOR THE DEMO, we're talking about the leaked ones :¬f

well the one I got is that 927 build, I guess I shouldn't consider it a demo and if it is, then it's the largest I've ever seen... I've heard of a 967 rumor but I dont't beleive it.

U say the karma is built into the 927 build though?

Follow these steps...

Right after you install the game go to the C:\UT2003\SYSTEM\ directory and delete the UT2003.ini and USER.ini (i think thats what they are called) there are 2 patches, copy over the 15 day trial patch over to the specified directory, you can also copy over the MULTIplayer patch over but that disables the KARMA enginebut you can play online, so make a backup of the other one, when you wanna play online just copy it over and make a backup of the other one..... but for single player KARMA engine rocks, then when you run the game press tab and go to CONSOLE then type "preferences" and you can tweak the s&*% out of it, then your set..... it needs a hell of a system to get 60fps avg tho......g'luck

RaZoR

:| wow thanx alot razor it worked... my system performs great sofar...

now as far the multiplayer patch is concerned, I understand that you can host your own games but not join online servers is this correct? I patched the file and i twont connect me to any servers online.

thanx for any input! ;)

get MIRC

if you want servers get MIRC (www.mirc.com) join an EFNET server and go to #UT2003, they have a website with servers that you can join, lets say a servers name is "www.ut2003.net" you would go to CONSOLE in the game and type "open www.ut2003.net" and it will connect automatically, i havent set up a server yet so i wouldnt know anything about seting one up... glad it worked, later

RaZoR

hey i playing ut2003 and there is a lot of slow down, so much that i cant even play. i even tried setting the detail low and it still get slow down. i have a pentium 4 2ghz, geforce 2 mx400 and 2.5gig of free space in my hard drive, so what can be the problem guys?

i agree with catch, its your video card. your gf2 wont cut it for any games to come out from this point onwards.

Damn! cant play high end games no more =(. anyone selling their video card?=)

I double click and get this screen shot. I am still getting the rest of the files so this is ONLY with the 1st ut2003.part01.rar
What is acrocat.exe!?

Again I don't have all the files downloaded yet but should that matter?

Catch,
All is well. It was a file association problem! :)
Now I need to find these two patches that Razor_ro is talking about!
I need multiplayer! :)

get mirc.....

follow my steps in my previous post and it should work.... :D

RaZoR

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back