using RamDrive...need help

E

eminem910

i made a 32 meg ram drive using tweakxp ...and i'm wondering what benefits can i get from this....it said i can move the folder for my browser cache there..but i have no idea how to do that.. any other uses for it?...progs seem to load faster on there..some how

Do you know what a RAM drive is?

Basically reserves a spot in your RAM to store data, instead of tossing it on the HD.

As far as I know, and with todays speedy hard drives, it is probably a waste. The value of your quantity of RAM available far outweighs the increase in speed it can offer over a hard drive.

Totally not worth it in my opinion.

[Accessing stuff in RAM is so very much faster than accessing stuff stored on your hard drive, which is why "progs seem to load faster on there..some how"] Still, not worth it, unless you have a ridiculous abundance of ram, and I'm talking more then 1.5 Gb...

so is a ramdrive made up of physical memory or harddrive memory....i still want to use it....so anyone know what files i can put on it...like browser cache for IE..how can i do that..

Its actually storing data in your physical RAM, the long flat thingy's with black squares on them.

...no, not my aunt's toes.

From Internet Explorer go to Tools> Internet Options> 'general' tab> 'Temporary Internet Files' section> 'settings' button. From there you can relocate your temp files to the ramdrive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back