Using other features of the 9800Pro...

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
Maybe this one is for Sazar:

I was just reading about some of the neat things the Radeon 9800Pro can do particularly in regards to video. The ATI demo shows that the card can perform real-time de-blocking and removal of the "weave" effect in video, especially highly compressed streaming video. What software do I need to be able to take advantage of such a thing? Or is this something only for an AIW model?

Sure, high frame rates in games with AA and AF turned up is nice, but I'd like to think $400 went to something other than that. :)

Originally posted by scriptasylum
Maybe this one is for Sazar:

I was just reading about some of the neat things the Radeon 9800Pro can do particularly in regards to video. The ATI demo shows that the card can perform real-time de-blocking and removal of the "weave" effect in video, especially highly compressed streaming video. What software do I need to be able to take advantage of such a thing? Or is this something only for an AIW model?

Sure, high frame rates in games with AA and AF turned up is nice, but I'd like to think $400 went to something other than that. :)

what you are describing is fullstream... and takes place while watching divx based clips...

pretty much standard hardware fare in everything raddy 9000 and above...

Ha! I knew you'd be the one to answer this question. :D

So, no special software needed? Or do I have to use a certain viewer/player to "enable" the functionality?

well it is divx oriented so you may want to have the codecs... :)

I've got the codecs installed already, so I use WMP to watch them. I was just wondering if I had to use an ATI app to utilize it, and apparently the answer is "no". :)

I'm not noticing a whole lot of difference, but it's hard to tell unless I have two PC's side by side. I guess it's like most demos: the manufacturer makes it seem like it will be better than it is in real life. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by scriptasylum
I've got the codecs installed already, so I use WMP to watch them. I was just wondering if I had to use an ATI app to utilize it, and apparently the answer is "no". :)

I'm not noticing a whole lot of difference, but it's hard to tell unless I have two PC's side by side. I guess it's like most demos: the manufacturer makes it seem like it will be better than it is in real life. :rolleyes:

if you are watching a divx movie that is pixelated... it WILL clean up the screen...

its like the videosoap thinger in the all in wonder cards... the image quality for my TV thinger is the best I have ever seen... incl my hauppage... it is extremely clear and a lot of the artifacts that appear in an anolog leech of a digital signal are gone... the picture quality is basically the same as on a digital feed... this is only on a few channels mind... most are the same quality as before... but the ones that were messed up before are perfect now...

there is a difference... you probably just need to see a pixelated divx cap on one gpu and then on yours to notice the difference :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back