Using multiple resolutions....question

• Thread starter sondgerothja
  • Start date
S

sondgerothja

My wife and I use the same computer. The only problem is that she frequently changes the resolution down to 800x600. This makes me have to manually re-set it to my commonly used 1280x960:confused:. Is there any way or possibly a program to allow this to change when either of us log on? Could something or some kind of script be but in the "startup" group?

If I helps, I have a TNT2 M64 video card with the latest Detonator drivers.

Any help or ideas is GREATLY appreciated.

can't remember what its callled but in system tray you should be able to activate a little thingy that has the different resolutions... right click and select and there you go... my borther has the same card as you and his wife does that too...

I have a radeon and I have an ati startcenter thingy... which I have now turned off... but it does the same thing... right click and select the resolution... saves you doing it the long way...

if you want a script to dbl-click to get that res change... I dunno how to do it...

alternatively... make your wife use the magnifier if she can't see at yer res :) save you having to change back up all the time...

:D

Tried that method before, it's just as annoying to me. Don't like how it shows EVERY singe possible combination of resolutions/colors either.....Thanks for the reply though.

Just a thought:

Is the reason she changes the resolution is because the icons or text is too small?

If this IS the case, might I suggest adjusting the icon and/or text size in her login? That way, you can both use the same resolution, it will just look like she is using a lower one.

Good idea, we're gonna try that one soon. I'd still love to find a program or script to do it, but this would be a good temporary fix. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back