• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Using multiple resolutions....question

S

sondgerothja

My wife and I use the same computer. The only problem is that she frequently changes the resolution down to 800x600. This makes me have to manually re-set it to my commonly used 1280x960:confused:. Is there any way or possibly a program to allow this to change when either of us log on? Could something or some kind of script be but in the "startup" group?

If I helps, I have a TNT2 M64 video card with the latest Detonator drivers.

Any help or ideas is GREATLY appreciated.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
can't remember what its callled but in system tray you should be able to activate a little thingy that has the different resolutions... right click and select and there you go... my borther has the same card as you and his wife does that too...

I have a radeon and I have an ati startcenter thingy... which I have now turned off... but it does the same thing... right click and select the resolution... saves you doing it the long way...

if you want a script to dbl-click to get that res change... I dunno how to do it...

alternatively... make your wife use the magnifier if she can't see at yer res :) save you having to change back up all the time...

:D

S

sondgerothja

Tried that method before, it's just as annoying to me. Don't like how it shows EVERY singe possible combination of resolutions/colors either.....Thanks for the reply though.

Just a thought:

Is the reason she changes the resolution is because the icons or text is too small?

If this IS the case, might I suggest adjusting the icon and/or text size in her login? That way, you can both use the same resolution, it will just look like she is using a lower one.

S

sondgerothja

Good idea, we're gonna try that one soon. I'd still love to find a program or script to do it, but this would be a good temporary fix. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithgonzaal