Using administrator priveleges on a limited account...?

CelicaMan94

OSNN Junior Addict
I have 4 different accounts on my computer, with mine being the only administrator account. My roomies have managed to get so much spyware and bullcrap on their accounts that their internet doesn't work, along with some other things. I know it's spyware because other applications that use the internet connect fine. Only IE is affected. Well, I've tried using Systemworks, Ad-Aware, and some other progs under their accounts with no success. I even tried changing their accounts to administrator accounts, but the programs still ask for an administrator. Is there any way I can log in on a limited account and have administrator access?

you can run specific programs as administrator:

hold down the shift key and right click on a shortcut (or executable) and click run as...

i think you can manage from there :D

another thing you might check...if you installed adaware before they were administrators, you might check registry entries related to adaware. the registry has security permissions similar to the permissions of files on an NTFS formatted drive. they may not have read permissions to necessary registry entries.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back