Using a Proxy site

cat826237

OSNN Addict
I get on forums using a proxy for what I thought would keep me annomyous. I had a falling out with a board mod and logged on with a different user name using several proxys. He still knew who I was by my ISP address. Thought proxys were suppose to prevent that from happening. Any ideas?

I get on forums using a proxy for what I thought would keep me annomyous. I had a falling out with a board mod and logged on with a different user name using several proxys. He still knew who I was by my ISP address. Thought proxys were suppose to prevent that from happening. Any ideas?

Hi, you can get cheap dedicated anonymous proxies from proxiesforrent.com. I had that exact same problem, i got ip and isp banned from a forum once after I had a falling out with the mods. I used their service and I got several user accounts going still to this day. No, this isnt an ad, Im just really knowing your situation. Good luck!

Better idea to me is to obey the forum rules that YOU agreed to when you signed up then you will not have any problems or need to use proxies.

Better idea to me is to obey the forum rules that YOU agreed to when you signed up then you will not have any problems or need to use proxies.

You make that statement with absolutely no knowledge of the situation. What makes you think I was wrong and the mod was right? I don't see your dog in this fight, so why bother with your useless comment!

You make that statement with absolutely no knowledge of the situation. What makes you think I was wrong and the mod was right?

See below

I get on forums using a proxy for what I thought would keep me annomyous
They probably knew your IP as they run an add-on like Proxy to Real IP Conversion.

It is known that those who want to be anonymous are mostly people who feel they may (or want to) post stuff that they know will either make people mad or are against the rules so forums can run add-ons to combat this.

BTW- It is anonymous not annomyous.

If using IE you may want to try ieSpell and if Firefox you can try SpellBound.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
This was a mostly local sports forum. The mod or someone was able to get personal info on me. Address - phone # and I got some bad agrivation from some unknown people. I wanted back on to see if I could find out who did it.

What did you do, get on saying a particular team sux or something? I agree with Zombie, most cases the use for a proxy is for instances other than good .

This was a mostly local sports forum. The mod or someone was able to get personal info on me. Address - phone # and I got some bad agrivation from some unknown people. I wanted back on to see if I could find out who did it.
Like the others have said there's no smoke without fire and I highly doubt they singled you out for no reason.
I do understand you being annoyed they got personal info about you though, how did they manage do this? Sorry for being nosey but I'm just interested.

Most info they got on you was probably using your signup info. Since they have that all the proxies in the world won't save you. Oh and if your using a proxy to surf a forum you were banned from you deserve the ban. :) The net is big ... move on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back