users with prog showing IP in sig

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Hi i need some help big problems
Hi Sazar,i noticed you are mod arround here,

the problem is some people arround here are showing
"My IPadress" in signature whats up whit that?????(

hopyfully you or any mod/admin can remove those smileyimages whit textballoon showing my ip!!

i dont no those people also cant think of anything i have dun to them!

nwyas im a little tripped atm about this as you can believe i hope?!

any help is appriciated,thcs for ur time

ravo_5002

I told him its not malicious and he should not worry...

I would like to know what my esteemed colleagues think about the ip showing things... :)

as far as I know its not causing any harm... ?

They arent showing their own IP they are showing yours. It is done with PHP and the GD lib, it gets your IP and then adds that to the text of the image. It could easily be modified to store the IPs in a database or text file, indeed thats how my old sig blocker worked, it checked the users IP against a list of ones which had requested blocking.

Unleashed is one that is usin this setup in his "SIG". It also lists what OS you are runnin and your browser version, then a small "one liner" under that.

I must be missing something, I haven't noticed these :shrug:

Personally, I don't have a problem with it, but I understand some people's concern.

Trouble is, even if he's asked to remove the image, he could easily still log member's IPs with PHP if he wants to, perhaps by just creating a 1px by 1px image with the same script that nobody can see. *shrug*

yeah, I think its best to either leave it or perhaps ask him to submit the code to be checked

The IP display via GD libraries isn't anything to worry about - nothing unusual.

MdSalih

I'm not worried... me on router hardware firewall... plus my connection is dynamic, soooz I get new address all da time. :D

Is it me or do some members seem alittle paranoid lately ??

Originally posted by PseudoKiller

What do you mean by that? Do you know something I don't? Why are you being so secretive?

Originally posted by xsivforce
What do you mean by that? Do you know something I don't? Why are you being so secretive?

Why?? What did you hear?? Who told you about it??

Whats that mean?? What are trying to say?? Tell me ... TELL ME !!! I know you know and I want you to tell me now?? You know what I mean so dont pretend you dont know... TELL ME !!!

dont tell him its a secret, hes not supposed to know about the plotting

If weezz tell ya, then weezz gotta kill ya. :D

Soooooooo, don't ask.

But if ya really must know... "News At Eleven". :p

I have no idea what you mean. *stairs at the ceiling and whistles innocently*

Originally posted by PseudoKiller

probably that huge squirrel of yours got em all spooked...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back