user security problem?

A

athlon_xp2100

hi all, i use windows xp pro.

i am the administrator of the computer and there are other users with admin Privileges.

My problem is that the other users keep changing all the passwords to other user accounts and mine included.

Is there anyway that i can put a password on the Computer Mangament program. When they click ok, they are prompted with a password in order to update a users profile data? If so, how can i do this. Any other suggestions will be much apricated.

thanks, Athlon_xp2100

i would say don't make them admins if they find it funny 2 change your password.

i dont no if you can set a password because the whole idea of being an admin is that u can change outher ppls passwords without having 2 know them.

Why not make them power users and not Admins? Or you can create a new usergroup and give that group the privleges they need. Then add those users to that group and remove them from the Admin group.

i dont no if you can set a password because the whole idea of being an admin is that u can change outher ppls passwords without having 2 know them.

I would not say this is the whole idea of being an Admin.

RabidPenguin i know it's not. i'm just sayin that is 1 of the reasons there are admin acounts...so admin can change passwords etc + restrict outher users.

idealy there should only be 1 main admin acount. all outher users should be in seperate groups so they can be crontrolled on what they do (by the main admin) such as changing passwords etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back