User Profile

D

Dovere

Whenever I turn on my computer I get the following message:

Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

DETAIL - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format.

This is possibly the most annoying thing in the world.

To the public I ask two questions...
Either
1. How can I fix this problem?
(i have tried seaching microsoft's website for this, and the only solutions are for win 2000, and do not work for XP, or at least in my case)

or...

2. How do I bypass the login screen as a whole, making so that it will automatically log me in with the default user?

Thanks...

RND

It sounds like your profile is corrupted.

Do this at your own risk, backup any important data first :)

This may help.

Boot into Safe Mode and log on using Administrator:

1.Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On
a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the Boot Menu.
2.When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select an option, and then press ENTER.
3.When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in
blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and then press ENTER.

NOTE: Login as Administrator and use the password for this account you set when you installed Windows XP on your computer. If you are using Windows XP Home Edition, try the blank password for this account. You cant just login as a user with admin rights.

After you log on the computer, open My Computer. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options. On the View tab, click to select the box "Show hidden files and folders" and then click OK.

After that, go to the following folder and rename the UsrClass.dat file to UsrClass.old

C:\Documents and Settings\(user account)\local settings\applicationdata\Microsoft\windows

NOTE: Where (user accout) is the name of your account which has this issue.

Restart your computer in Normal Mode and then log on the computer using your account.

Once logged in and hopefully the error is gone.

Then run this registry cleaner and optimizer - NTREGOPT -

http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/

hey

thanks for the help, but in the end, trying to be cool, and trying to fix the problem, the administrator password was lost.

for some reason whenever i tried to log in with it, it kept telling me i had the wrong pass word.

sometimes i want to kill XP, but what can you do?

i had to reformat the drive, and lost all my school work, which is due on monday. so basically, im dead.

thaanks for the help anyways.

RND

Just to let you know, you could have put your hard drive in another system running 2000 or XP and just pulled the files off that you wanted to save before you formatted. Maybe this will help in the future! :huh:

Also Windows PE is great for this kinda thing, too bad its only avaliable to corporate users.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back