User having trouble

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
I recieved this email from gothic.

I am having to log onto the forums for EVERY page/thread I view, and am
unable to post new threads. Within a 14 minute period I have had to log onto the site no less that nine times without ever having logged out!!
Is this my problem?? perhaps I am doing something wrong, like visiting the wrong site maybe!?! Or perhaps it's a minor glitch with the new site?

I am also unable to post, it says I am not logged on.

Any information would be appreciated.

Has he changed his email address or anything?

It almost sounds like a browser problem.

If the cookie/cookies is/are getting cleared then he will have to log in again.
Maybe why he can not post. :confused:

Does sound like a user issue, tell him to check his options and make sure that he is browsing the forums with cookies...

can't reitterate enough that the forum code has not been changed at all since the site came online again.

tell him to open a new IE window and try again...

it is mainly caused when you click a link from another site and then a new IE window opens up with the site you were linked from's banner at the top and the site in a frame... - fuks with the cookies, doens't read from them - pretty shitty if you ask me :(

Hope u understood that :D

MdSalih

Yeah cause ya got a virgin IE window with no cookies 'n milk. :p

But if he's just clickin on Forum pages it should not do that... Maybe he has the browser configured so it opens a new window every time he clicks/views something. That might cause it, every new window is cookieless maybe???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back