User Accounts

N

Not Bman

I have this other computer, that is used by everyone. I had 4 accounts set all to Administrator, now i log on today and im a limited account.

How do i change that, without getting into an admin account? Is this possible?

Any of the other accounts on that machine should be able to repromote you.
Perhaps it was just an error by one of the other users?

no I mean, those other users are butts, they are not letting me be admin on purpose.

I don't know how to use group policy, but I believe you can call whatever abilities you want for whichever user you choose

You shouldn't be an administrator. They've done the right thing.

Kidding.

Google NT Offline password reset.

EDIT - Oh, and remove the other 3 administrator accounts once you are back in as admin. Backup their documents and settings folders, and place them within your own. Make them beg for their personal files back.

first take a screen shot of their desktop.

make screenshot their wallpaper.

right click on desktop, arrange icons by, uncheck "Show Desktop Items"

this will drive them crazy.

If it's XP Home then reboot into safe mode and login as Administrator. XP Home's Admin account can only be logged into in safe mode and the setup doesn't ask to set a password so this account should be password free.

Go to Google, in the query box type

NT Offline Password Reset.

Hit Enter. Follow the link, make the diskette, reboot the system with diskette in drive, follow instructions.

Not sure if the question at hand is being answered, or maybe I'm missing the point as I'm a bit over-tired :eek:

As I see you wanted to know how to change your account without getting into an admin account, you can't. From your account, which is limited, you do not have access to other password protected administrator accounts (duh) and you also don't have the ability to promote yourself (double-duh) :p

The only way to fix your account, is to have another user promote you again, who already has admin rights, as EP said. Changing passwords will only get you into an account that has admin priveleges, by resetting one of those passwords to get into it. This is bad for two reasons, 1 they will know you changed their password, and probabaly not like it. 2 - it doesn't answer your question of doing it without accessing those accounts :lick:

Yeah, I'm tired, sue me :D

Great information, I guess the only easy way is to get them to change it. I was just hoping to be able to change it before they got home, and piss them off and all that goodness.

Thanks for the help, some poeple these days lol

Bman™ said:
Great information, I guess the only easy way is to get them to change it. I was just hoping to be able to change it before they got home, and piss them off and all that goodness.

Thanks for the help, some poeple these days lol
If someone did that purposely or mistakedly, "pissing them off" as you put it probably wouldn't end good for you. As you are a youngin, I'm assuming the other people who use this computer might be older family members, or parents. Be careful, these people have the power to take away all access to the computer, and ground you :p

lol, they have some powers but I am getting to the age that I do not get "grounded" lol

nooob?? whats this noob

Brad said:
first take a screen shot of their desktop.
make screenshot their wallpaper.
right click on desktop, arrange icons by, uncheck "Show Desktop Items"
this will drive them crazy.

Brad, my hero! That is as funny as the ancient trick of replacing the DOS prompt with "Abort, retry fail". We used to do it at work to keep the noob's off the common PCs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back