use run as your command prompt

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I don't know if this works in xp but it works in vista

if you don't need to see the results of your cmd command it looks like you can do the command in run without launching cmd

I do this with a few comnands (like ipconfig) and I don't know if it works on all of them

if someone is going to do a chkdisk try running it from run instead of cmd and let us know if it worked on reboot

Re: use run as yourn command prompt

Would you not want the results of the ipconfig - or are you referring to releasing / renewing IP?

chkdisk would work as well - as long as you put the /f in there to actually resolve errors on boot. I've always liked the fact I can run that command without actually doing anything. Just to see if I need to fill out all the paperwork and conform to SOX just to fix a couple of bytes out of place.

I don't know of any commands it won't work on, but little usage to trying to run a command without seeing output.

btw - good to see you Shakes :)

I don't know of any commands it won't work on, but little usage to trying to run a command without seeing output.

btw - good to see you Shakes :)
well, chkdisk would be one you don't need to see the results

I have to run ipconfig in coffee shops to get renew my internet session and I don't need to see the results

yeah it works in XP too, used it back in the dark and stormy windows years :p

well, chkdisk would be one you don't need to see the results

I have to run ipconfig in coffee shops to get renew my internet session and I don't need to see the results
I don't know about that - most times you run chkdsk unless it is a secondary drive, you would get a message that the drive is locked or can't be unlocked or something, and need to confirm to have it run at next boot. I suppose you could throw a /y switch if it's supported, never checked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back