use run as your command prompt

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
I don't know if this works in xp but it works in vista

if you don't need to see the results of your cmd command it looks like you can do the command in run without launching cmd

I do this with a few comnands (like ipconfig) and I don't know if it works on all of them

if someone is going to do a chkdisk try running it from run instead of cmd and let us know if it worked on reboot

Mastershakes

OSNN Veteran Addict
Re: use run as yourn command prompt

Would you not want the results of the ipconfig - or are you referring to releasing / renewing IP?

chkdisk would work as well - as long as you put the /f in there to actually resolve errors on boot. I've always liked the fact I can run that command without actually doing anything. Just to see if I need to fill out all the paperwork and conform to SOX just to fix a couple of bytes out of place.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User

I don't know of any commands it won't work on, but little usage to trying to run a command without seeing output.

btw - good to see you Shakes :)

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User

I don't know of any commands it won't work on, but little usage to trying to run a command without seeing output.

btw - good to see you Shakes :)
well, chkdisk would be one you don't need to see the results

I have to run ipconfig in coffee shops to get renew my internet session and I don't need to see the results

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User

well, chkdisk would be one you don't need to see the results

I have to run ipconfig in coffee shops to get renew my internet session and I don't need to see the results
I don't know about that - most times you run chkdsk unless it is a secondary drive, you would get a message that the drive is locked or can't be unlocked or something, and need to confirm to have it run at next boot. I suppose you could throw a /y switch if it's supported, never checked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qotipory