Use CPU IDLE good temp drops!!

M

Mr Dead

Just tried cpu idle 6 and my cpu temps have dropped by about 5C which is great considering i am using a water cooling setup. My temps are now 34C idle and 39C under load. And thats with an xp2200 overclocked to xp2400 speeds with a 1.85 Vcore.

I use it as well and my temp drops on average 10c

sitting at 37C right now

cool.gif

Doesn't the System Idle Process in XP do basically the same thing?

I tried CPUIdle once before, and it didn't seem to do anything with my temps for two days, so I got rid of it. :huh:

It lowers my temps by 10C but I find it a little weird it seems to lower all cpu's by 10C I mean would this be normal ...and if it says its lets say 41c when I reboot and look at my first screens I see it as 49C if I reboot the cpu shoots up 8-9 C in a matter of seconds?? I really wonder how that works ?

I did try the program before when i was using a normal heatsink and fan and to be honest didnt notice much difference in the temps. But there is a big improvement in my water cooling setup. It does mention the system idle process in xp on the cpuidle website but says it doesnt work efficiently.

Well I just tried something and it does work cpuidle is making a difference here on mine ...... and its actually more than 10c its more like 12-14c lower with cpu idle

so hats off to them and I checked my temps with 3 different programs and all show roughly the same temp...

I just downloaded the 30 day trial version and it works great. I have an amd athlon xp 2100+ and it usually runs around 50-52 degrees C, but after I installed this program after a few minutes, my temperature dropped to 39-40 C, so i definatley recommend giving it a try. Im using my ASUSPROB to monitor temps, and Ive found it to be fairly accurate, so I believe that this program is doing its job.

All these programs do are to reduce the instructions per second of your processor. So it basically makes an amd into an intel and an intel into something crap. When I have my cpu at 100% load (ie all the time) I want all my cpu cycles used, not wasted away to lower my temps.

Originally posted by jumpy
All these programs do are to reduce the instructions per second of your processor. So it basically makes an amd into an intel and an intel into something crap. When I have my cpu at 100% load (ie all the time) I want all my cpu cycles used, not wasted away to lower my temps.

CPUIdle, and the built-in System Idle Process don't do anything when the CPU is in use. They kick in only when the CPU is idle.

Fair enough, but why are all your people's systems sitting idle. START FOLDING!

folding what? napkins?

bleh...

get yer awms out and lets go frag on cs...

sazar nothing actually frags in CS cept the HE grenades haha

Take a look at my sig sazar, its a serious distributed computing program to help cure diseases such as alzheimers, BSE (mad cow disease), parkinsons and many others. Only uses spare cpu cycles so you can play your CS at the same time without any speed reduction :)

had no affect on my temps:(

oh well..temps not really a concern, not at the moment anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back