USB2.0 Driver for XP Pro

• Thread starter TreeTops Ranch
  • Start date
T

TreeTops Ranch

How the heck does one obtain a USB2.0 driver for XP Pro? Is it buried in SP1?

Just bought a new scanner and the instructions say to go to Microsoft.com for the USB2.0 driver but that USB2.0 driver is not available on that site.

Thanks All...

Don from TreeTops Ranch in Oregon

Haven't got that far. Just reading the instructions that say to install that driver first.

Most USB Scanners tell you to install the Drivers first, then after the reboot to just plug the Scanner into the USB Port and "Bang" it's there.

Maybe what the instructions are saying is to go to the MicroSquish "Windowz Update" and get the updated Drivers???

Sometimes in "Windowz Update" there are "New" or "Updated Drivers"

Maybe????

BTW... What Brand and Model of Scanner is it? Could be helpful to us as to trying to find a solution to your question.

I found this on the Net:

USB 2.0

The final release version of the Microsoft USB 2.0 drivers for Windows XP is available at the Windows Update Site. The driver is designated Microsoft USB Driver Version 5.1.2600.0.

Complete USB 2.0 driver information is posted on the
USB 2.0 page.

For some reason Microsoft has made it extremely difficult to find a simple USB2.0 driver for XP on their web site. Or maybe I'm extremely dumb. Haven't been able to locate it yet but still looking. With all the new USB2.0 devices coming out now you would think they would make it easy to download that driver, wouldn't you?

Thank you all, That explains it. That driver is in SP1 which I don't have yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back