• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

USB2.0 Driver for XP Pro

T

TreeTops Ranch

How the heck does one obtain a USB2.0 driver for XP Pro? Is it buried in SP1?

Just bought a new scanner and the instructions say to go to Microsoft.com for the USB2.0 driver but that USB2.0 driver is not available on that site.

Thanks All...

Don from TreeTops Ranch in Oregon

T

TreeTops Ranch

Haven't got that far. Just reading the instructions that say to install that driver first.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Most USB Scanners tell you to install the Drivers first, then after the reboot to just plug the Scanner into the USB Port and "Bang" it's there.

Maybe what the instructions are saying is to go to the MicroSquish "Windowz Update" and get the updated Drivers???

Sometimes in "Windowz Update" there are "New" or "Updated Drivers"

Maybe????

BTW... What Brand and Model of Scanner is it? Could be helpful to us as to trying to find a solution to your question.

T

TreeTops Ranch

For some reason Microsoft has made it extremely difficult to find a simple USB2.0 driver for XP on their web site. Or maybe I'm extremely dumb. Haven't been able to locate it yet but still looking. With all the new USB2.0 devices coming out now you would think they would make it easy to download that driver, wouldn't you?

T

TreeTops Ranch

Thank you all, That explains it. That driver is in SP1 which I don't have yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies