Usb Woes

L

Ladedah

I'm only starting my 3rd week with XP Pro... but I've really had my hands full trying to get anything USB to work... My Lexar Compact Flash card reader with their latest updated drivers for XP keeps setting off the "New Device Detected" wizard and then crashes the system... My USB Network bridge ain't "bridging and I gave up trying to connect my scanner right from the start!
I heard that XP & USB are not friendly... is this true?

Not true. You must have issues somewhere. Have you been to MS to see if it is compatable with xp, your usb stuff that is?

I have had XP Pro since it first came out and have used a USB scanner, mouse, and joystick all with no problems.

not true

Its the other way around XP is super usb friendly I had all kinds of trouble in win98 with different usb set ups but on XP not a hitch I can run my web cam , joystick, steering wheel, mouse, keyboard, anything and everything seems to work fine

I have XP pro and have had absolutely no problem with USB. I'm currently running a USB mouse, keyboard and graphics tablet. All work flawlessly.

What type of system and USB do you have?

I have a friend with a new computer with USB 2.0 and a VIA chipset on his motherboard. Only after installing the latest
VIA 2.44 USB drivers would all his USB equipment work.
(p.s. afterwards he installed SP1 of windows XP - and everything
didn't work anymore! He changed back to an older setup)
It could be something like that getting in the way.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back