• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Usb Woes

L

Ladedah

I'm only starting my 3rd week with XP Pro... but I've really had my hands full trying to get anything USB to work... My Lexar Compact Flash card reader with their latest updated drivers for XP keeps setting off the "New Device Detected" wizard and then crashes the system... My USB Network bridge ain't "bridging and I gave up trying to connect my scanner right from the start!
I heard that XP & USB are not friendly... is this true?

D

dadx2mj

I have had XP Pro since it first came out and have used a USB scanner, mouse, and joystick all with no problems.

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
not true

Its the other way around XP is super usb friendly I had all kinds of trouble in win98 with different usb set ups but on XP not a hitch I can run my web cam , joystick, steering wheel, mouse, keyboard, anything and everything seems to work fine

daddyo

OSNN Addict
I have XP pro and have had absolutely no problem with USB. I'm currently running a USB mouse, keyboard and graphics tablet. All work flawlessly.

H

hmdejong

What type of system and USB do you have?

I have a friend with a new computer with USB 2.0 and a VIA chipset on his motherboard. Only after installing the latest
VIA 2.44 USB drivers would all his USB equipment work.
(p.s. afterwards he installed SP1 of windows XP - and everything
didn't work anymore! He changed back to an older setup)
It could be something like that getting in the way.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies