USB Resources

R

Rottiebear

Guest
Hi I am currently running two USB webcams which are consuming most of the resources allocated to the USB ports.

Do any of you know if it is possible or how to increase the USB resources?

Thanks
 

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
Joined
20 Jun 2004
Messages
1,383
Does your motherboard have an extra header on it for another two usb ports, if so all you need are the sockets and off you go.
 
R

Rottiebear

Guest
Its not as simple or straightforward as adding a new set of ports... Each item I add uses system resources and those resources seem to be a set ammount no matter how many ports are in use IE one of my cams uses 71% of USB resources and a further 12% are reserved for System use a total of 83% so I am unable to use another cam which on its own uses 41% of Resources.

I was wondering if it was possible to increase the amount of resources available to the ports?

Cheers
Rottiebear
 
E

evilhomer

Guest
hmm

I think the resources its referring to are the fact that usb can only transmit 12mb/sec. If you had usb 2.0 you could probably run them both. It's pretty new, I just began to see mobo's that support it. I'm not sure if the webcam has to also or how that all works yet.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
61,997
Messages
673,407
Members
5,587
Latest member
Urica