Usb Omg!!!!

Krux

Nissan Powered
Now that I got your attention I need to know how to share the internet using a USB cable or if it’s even possible.

Do I need to bridge my 1394 connection to my nic or how does it work?

use the ICS wizard man. It will basically walk you through it.

from what i gatherd, you need a usb networking kit thingy with a dongle in the middle to make the network for ICS to work.
no chance of using a couple of cheap NIC's ?

so I need one with a special box in the middle?

or if I had just a normal usb cable could I move files over to another computer? doesn't have to be able to share the net just move the files.

do it the easy way... get a network switch OR get another NIC and put it in your PC, and a NIC in thier PC.

usb on its own don't suport networking, the few google FAQ's i found all had a dongle box from a usb network kit. its easier doing a direct connection for a few simple file shares, but i think you need a paralell cable to do that.

USB network kits cost about £30, 2 NIC's and a crossover cable will cost about £20 -£25

thats not an option wish it was but I can't just crack open my pc at work and start putting parts in it :p

its for a laptop so hauling around a crossover and an extra nic just isn't a real viable option and I can't just pop open peoples computers and say hey I need to put this in here to do what I need to do.

so what your saying is I need a special USB cable with a box that tells it to be a network cable?

a cat 5 crossover cable to directly connect to anouther pc, or unless you wanted this as a thing that would not move then you can buy a router that has a USB net connection

or i just thought a USB to USB network thing, they are slow and not the greatest but it can get the basics done

Originally posted by canadian_divx
or i just thought a USB to USB network thing, they are slow and not the greatest but it can get the basics done
thats what I need where can i get one?

search for an amercian computer site that has USB netowrk hardware, i am looking in canadian sites because it will be about half price but might take a little longer to get to you LOL concerding canadian dollers are worht about as much as sand so

haha well SOB I click your link and get this msg

Product not found due to update of product database. Please use our product search to find your item. You may also visit our home page at www.pcimicro.com.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back