USB not working!!!!!!

C

contender

I am doin this for an uncle of mine. Some of the info is limited but he is running win98 and his USB is not detected. Device Manager shows a yellow question mark beside it.

He is trying to install a scanner but of course can't.

Can you recommend what he should do?

the win 98 se cd should ahve the USB drives on it and if not i would search microsofts web site for them, under there downloads

He loaded the win98 cd when he clicked it in the Device Manager and it started to search for them on the cd but to no avail

As a side issue, scanners need to be installed in a separate USB port and not part of a hub with other USB hardware (bandwidth issue ) to be completely sure of being detected,especially with 98 /98 se.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back