Usb Mass Storage Device

celticfan111

OSNN Newbie
i recentally baught a hard drive enclosure that converts an internal IDE HD to an external USB 2.0 drive.

it is pretty much plug and play and it acts like any normal external HD
except with windows 98

it wont accept it
do i need drivers
or what do i need to get this to work on windows 98 SE

You will need drivers for it for windows98 98se should pick it up.

drivers for what tho?
usb mass storage device?
ive looked for thjose already with no luck

what does "it won't accept it" mean exactly? Does it recognize it? does it do nothing? is the drive NTFS?

the drive is fat 32
it recognizes the drive as a usb mass storage device
but it has no drivers for it

and i cant find mass storage device drivers for win 98

Who makes the box? if you can find this out you may be able to get the drivers from their website. For instance i have an old ide controler and windows xp sees it as a mass storage device with no access the the drives attached to it untill i install a driver for the card.

well i just took the thing apart and not a single company name is on it

i guess what im trying to ask for
is
are the drivers i need something microsoft would give to support usb mass storage devices or is it something i have to find for the actual enclosure box itsself?

You need to find them for the specific enclosure afaik. My friends one came with a cd for win 98 and the like, as did another friends. Ive never needed to use them as most people run WinME or above now, making it plug and play pretty much on all pc's

look at the controler chip on it maby you can get a driver for the chip, if you can take a pick of the controler and post it here and i may be able to help you find a driver.

there is only 1 microcontroller in this thing
and it saysin system
isd300a1
0223ku005

it syas to the side dura micro inc.

it KINDA looks like mine
the first controller chip looks like the one on mine
but the drivers DO NOT work :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back