usb hub losing power

A

AmarSingh

Im using a usb port hub and somtimes after i come out of standby or restart everything connected to the hub stops working. I have to unplug the power supply for the hub and plug it back in for it to start working again. I did not have this problem once with 98SE but it has been happening constantly since i upgraded to xp. any ideas?

Hmmz!

Look into start\settings\control panel\system\hardware tab..Device manager...Now look in the USB option..Now right click inn on the USB device you see inn the list..click inn on properties,,

Now i do believe that the device u are using have a POWER MANAGEMENT option...take a look in there..

LightWave

alll that properties page tells me is that the hub is self powered.....i doesnt say anything about turning it off when not in use

Hi I had the same problem. In device manager under USB Root Hub there is a power management tab, when you open that there is a box that says "allow your computer to turn off this device to save power" Take the tick out of the box.
THAT SHOULD FIX IT.

sweet.....i thought i checked that, but apparently i didnt.....hopefully it does the job. Im only a bit skeptical cuz the hub is self powered -> not controlled by windows

thanks for pointing that out

I've got a simular problem but it wasn't solved bij unchecking the box "allow your computer to turn off this device to save power" ..

I do not have a self powered usb hub, but one wich uses the laptop's power. It is a 4 port hub.. Every time I restart my laptop I have te disconnect the USB hub and reconnect it te be seen properly. Before doing so it shows in the USB devices thread an unknown device. After reconnecting the usb hub it shows Generic USB hub.

This problem did not acure with Win98SE. But now running WinXP..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back