USB host to host bridge

C

conn2

When my XP box boots, it detects a new USB peripherical which is "USB host to host Bridge"
but I can't find any driver to solve the problem (my XP Box crashes when running the most recent 4in1 driver downloaded from MSI Web site)
in the otherhand, if I ignore the message, anything work fine..

My configuration: Windows XP on MSI KT 266 Pro Motheboard (Via chipset) with Athlon 1, 2Ghz

I think it is an issue related to MSI KT 266 Pro Motherboard drivers for Windows XP
Has any one experienced the same problem and finds any solution ?

Thanks for reply

I've downloaded and isntalled
Drivers 4in1 v4.37 and 74 Patch.zip for USB

What I can say now:
- No difference before installing 74 Patch.zip and after ( The same request "USB host to host bridge" is launches at each reboot)

- Big diffrence: the driver 4in1 does crash my XP box (just after installing Via 4in1 driver)

Perharps, Via experienced some delay to provide available USB driver for Windows XP ?

Conn2,

This thing to which you are refering is most likely the USB PCtoPC adapter. I have the same on my K7T266 ProR box, and I never installed the drivers because they need an extra software router if you run hi speed internet. My two boxes (K7T266 ProR and K7T266 Pro2RU) are networked thru my switch so Ive never needed PCtoPC via USB. Anyways, you should run the driver installer for PCtoPC from the MSI disk. This should work for you, I did it a while back. My real problem is my inability to find USB 2.0 drivers for my Pro2RU. Anyone help me?

Thanks and link for USB 2.0 driver

Thanks a lot: Your answer seems quite correct
However, I din't need PC2PC USB driver too ( I am networking thru Dlink PCI etnernet boards)

concerning your USB 2.0 driver issue, Try this link (on MSI website)

http://www.msi.com.tw/support/driver/others.htm

The USB 2.0 driver is to be used with Bios v3.3.
It is likely compatible with Window XP but I don't find this issue related anywhere. To be checked before installing..

Good luck AMDdoolbooter...

Conn,

Thanks to you to! Ill shoot on by that site and lookat what I kin see. Have you ever tried to run Hi Performance defaults on your MSI? I set my BIOS to hi perf defaults, changed boot order to suit my machine and it runs great! MSI made a darned nice MOBO here.

:cool:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back